Chaos Blood Angels

Valkyrion

How about these ...

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Knights_of_Blood

Blood for the Blood God ?

I play this army and what attracted me to them is their fluff. If you read the article you linked, you would find that the Knights of Blood are completely loyal to the Emperor. The High Lords of Terra excommunicated them because they could not control their rage, which is a side effect of the Blood Angels gene flaw.

Sun Reaver

If memory serves correctly, I believe the Space Wolves can not turn to Chaos. It has to do with their gene seed. I guess having canine genes can have its benefits. :huh:

Sun Reaver

Skyrar's dark wolves (and the wolf brothers?) beg to differ.

The only 40k faction safe from chaos is the Grey Knights.

Sanguinius was one of the most chaos touched of the primarchs and his successors are teetering on the edge of falling to Khorne.

In the upcoming HH novel they are going to address this directly. The rage and the thirst didn't just happen once Sanguinius died, it was something the primarch actively worked to protect his legion from.

I think being prone to chaos, but fighting its influence is much more interesting or heroic than being immune to it.

@Sun Reaver.

Only Grey Knights are immune to the wiles of Chaos.

EVERY other chapter has had members fall to Chaos.

This is canon.

I know the source may not seem legitimate but the Space Wolf novels stated that when Ragnar lost the Spear of Russ, they screened him for the taint of Chaos and he was afraid that he would be the first Space Wolf to fall to Chaos.

Sun Reaver

@Sun Reaver.

This is canon.

I know the source may not seem legitimate but the Space Wolf novels stated that when Ragnar lost the Spear of Russ, they screened him for the taint of Chaos and he was afraid that he would be the first Space Wolf to fall to Chaos.

Sun Reaver

In the chaos codex, several wolves fell to chaos and joined Huron. Every chapter has had someone fall according to codex demonhunters (well every chapter but GK)

@Sun Reaver.

This is canon.

Sun Reaver

In the chaos codex, several wolves fell to chaos and joined Huron. Every chapter has had someone fall according to codex demonhunters (well every chapter but GK)

Interesting, I'm going to have to read that later.

Sun Reaver

A friend of mine plays a Plague Marine army and since he painted some deformed blood drops on their shoulderpads to indicate that once they had been Blood Angels I was struck by an idea. While some Chapters seek a cure for the Red Thirst, some Chapters see it as a blessing, so since then I think of his Plague Marines as Blood Angels who see the Red Thirst as a disease Nurgle blessed them with..

The only 40k faction safe from chaos is the Grey Knights.

Sanguinius was one of the most chaos touched of the primarchs and his successors are teetering on the edge of falling to Khorne.

In the upcoming HH novel they are going to address this directly. The rage and the thirst didn't just happen once Sanguinius died, it was something the primarch actively worked to protect his legion from.

I think being prone to chaos, but fighting its influence is much more interesting or heroic than being immune to it.

No, the Rage happened when Sanguinius died. The Thirst was something Sanguinius had, but the Codex specifically states that the BA did not suffer from them until Sanguinius's Death.

There have been hints there were problems all along. Perhaps not the rage as we know it now, but definitely issues with the thirst and acting psychotic in general. Look to the upcoming Horus Heresy Book featuring the Blood Angels. It is rumored the Blood Angels reacted so strangely to the death of Sanguinius as he was actively shielding them from the touch of chaos. When he died, the protection went away and the psychic backlash caused the rage.

i dont know if less fall to chaos but blood angels have some reasons to hate chaos even moreso then other chapters.... so eh, they might resist its lure more heavily then others?

i dont know *shrugs*

*OT* tbh Leonatos beeing possesed by a greater deamon isent exactly falling :P specialy since later in the book hes shown to be activly resisting and battling the deamon from the inside and in a moment of respite even ensures that it can be banished...

i dont know if less fall to chaos but blood angels have some reasons to hate chaos even moreso then other chapters.... so eh, they might resist its lure more heavily then others?

i dont know *shrugs*

Not many Blood Angels fall to chaos(but they do now and then!) because so many die of the black rage or midcombat in the midst of the red thirst.

Archived