BA dread bash

jerryrich

Ok, Im new to the BA army list/ codex. What im trying to do is build a Dread list. I cant seem to get the search function to work here at work (bad me but hey i can read while i eat my lunch right?) to find what others have done. What kind of HQ should i go for? something cheap, as the dreads will hit hard and i need to save points for them? or soemthing killy to stick with the DG? is a unit of 10 DG and 2 SG Dreads a good call for troops? or just 5 and 1 dread.

I already know that i will be filling up on elite dreads and at least 1 will be a furioso libby (too damn cool not too).

In short does anyone have any sugestions? I built a list using the SM codex but i'm not sure if it can hang with some of the cool stuff that the BA get.

Thanks in advance for any input.

I dont have the book with me, but that 9 dreads, is that list about 2000pt?

thats kinda the set up iwas thinking would work. Does anyonw put guns on the afew of the dreads? i figure you would either need a few to pop armour befor you get into CC

I dont have the book with me, but that 9 dreads, is that list about 2000pt?

thats kinda the set up iwas thinking would work. Does anyonw put guns on the afew of the dreads? i figure you would either need a few to pop armour befor you get into CC

The list I faced was 1850 for points, but I could easily have messed up numbers of what he had a little.

The DC Dreads/Furiosos have meltaguns, and normal dreads can take multimeltas to make them pretty good at vehivle popping.

A list like this would want drop pods a plenty.

less pods more dreads then!!!!! (or mabye armour)

i have to do the math, but i think only get pods for the death company, HTH/ melta dreads. The 3 heavy slot dreads will get laz cannon to pop transports (so i want them out from turn 1) and the libby dreads will take the flying power and Zoom around. Shouldnt need too many pods. I will make a 1500 point list (thts what me and the friends play) in next day or 2 and post it so yall have a turn tearing it up, lol.

thanks for the feed back,

My main concern would also be getting the DC mob, (no JP im guessing) into position. The rest can set up at 12, move, run and pop smoke, that means your multimeltas are probably in normal range on turn 2, only pod the DC, DC Dreads and Furiosos,

Furioso Libby may be worth taking here for turn 2 cover, though its only a 5+ :-( probably better options like BL and Might of Heroes

I am looking at bringing normal dreads in my list since I have access to several already, was going to go with the normal MM because of the above tactic, are LC worth the points?

Also, do ppl who run lots of Dreads mix Blood Fists and Blood Talons or do you run all Talons and hope not to get stuck in with another walker,

Only down side to Blood Talons is that vs another dread you need a 6 to glance :-( but he will be needing 2's . . . not good odds in a Dread off if your the one swinging the Talons.

You have a number of options for the DC. If you cut them down to a squad of 10 then you can pop them in a Rhino or Drop Pod, or even buy them a Storm Raven!

A 2k list I'm working on looks roughly like this: Terminator Libby, Terminator squad, 2 Furiosos, 10 Death Company, 2 DC Dreads, Storm Raven, 2 Heavy Dreads, 3 Baal Predators. It shouldn't be too hard to cut this down to fit just the dreads in at 1500.

Personally, I'll be putting Talons on the DC Dreads (because they're just too awesome not to have) and fists on everything else.

I'm tempted to run lib spam with 'fear' and the seldom used 'shackle soul'. Seeing as the latter works on everything with a leadership stat (including fearless units) you could probably do some very annoying things to your opponent :P Even with high LD every unit is likely to fail one action once a turn.

Who wants to give up a round of movement, shooting or assault? A very nice and random wrench to throw in your opponents machinery when you can't run him off the board with 'fear'.

If I were to run a dread bash list for BA I do not think that I would actually use DC. I would want an all drop pod army that puts a wall of dreads out on the first turn.

Something like this ...

100 - Librarian, Blood Lance, Fear of Darkness

380 - 2x Furioso Dreadnought, Blood Talons, Meltagun, Extra Armour, Drop Pod, Deathwind Launcher

240 - Furioso Librarian, Blood Lance, Might of Heroes, Extra Armour, Drop Pod, Deathwind Launcher

440 - 4x 5 ASM, Melta, Drop Pod

340 - 2x Dreadnought, Multi-melta, Extra Armour, Drop Pod. Deathwind Launcher

This drops five dreas turn one if you want to ... you have two multoi-meltas, 2 meltaguns, blood lance, and five deathwind launchers creating a wall of AT. The rest of the list can follow. Now I'm not sure I want an alpha strike list like this ... it is rather one dimensional. It will some lists and will struggle against others. This is 1500 mind you. At 1850-2000 youb can add your DC and dread if you wish.

wait a minute, that is a cool list. that is an absolute beast of drop pod nastyness! and depending on the mission i could just drop empty drop pods as placable terrain (for example to funnel/ bottleneck an Ork or IG horde into kill lanes)(or am very wrong about this lil trick)!

Archived