Flying Termy Libby

MadMek83

Hello everyone!

I am prepearing another game soon and I was considering to do something different this time. I do consider putting Terminator Librarian with Stormshield and equip him with Wings of Sanguinus and Bloodlance and put him tank hunting while rest army (highly expensive, extremely pimped up DC units move fast and enough power weapons and, fists and hammers to fill 1300P limit with single DC dread podding later) With handful of bodies (including Reclursiarch and Lemmy) even with enough power weapons to make ultramarines blind all power weapon shine and I still got 160 or so points to spend and I am sure I get 1 or 2 dreadnoughts against myself)

Ok, My DC has 2 hammers and 2 PF and 3 Infernus pistols so it can deal most armors but still... I am considering putting terminator librarian with storm shield equipped with shield of sanguinus and blood lance doing some commando strikes against enemy dreadnoguhts while his attention is fully focused that black mass of power weapon pimped wrecking ball flying towards him...

Has anyone had experience of Terminator libby with storm shield going for tank hunting? 2+/3++ saves are very handy for this I presume.

Might on heroes on lemmy who, in best case has 1 wound already and thus fury unbound... Man that would be almost too nasty... I might ditch reclursiarch though for favor of Libby... Lemmy is still chaplain and I get liturgies of blood. I guess best option is Jump pack Libby with Sanguine Sword and Might of Heroes because he´ll be in CC wrecking ball unit. That still leaves me with 160 points to use... Perhaps I should invest one Heavy sypport and put Rifleman dreadnought (8 sdtr 7 shots for 48" per shooting turn) for long range firesupport (and no dreadnought other than librarian furioso can keep up with the unit) and get 2 extra power weapons... Or then I could take furioso with blood talons and drop pod him with regular DC dread... or then drop one power weapon off so I get enough points for Libby Dread (wings and might of heroes / soul shackle)

Not the best idea in my opinion. It doesn't matter what armor or equipment your librarian is wearing, one good S8 shot and you're down 145 points if he's flying solo. Best to keep independent characters in squads.

195pts, you mean, to get the lance and wings off in the same turn.

Its a pretty bad idea, to be honest. A single lascannon/melta will wreck his day, and even bolters will kill tim off with 2W.

Wings are best on the Libby dread and Mephy, otherwise just pay 25 for a JP and stick him with an JP squad. Nothing worse than failing your test to fly and not being able to have your squad move. Plus, Lance is not bad, but I fail to kill with it alot. Better to have some melta to back it up.

Is there ever a reason to take a flying termie librarian? I don't have one painted so I haven't used one.

Really, no. Just use a jump pack libbie with shield and fear. Now on a Furioso libbie - wings yes. It needs to get where its going quick.

Archived