Night Lords

Kol Saresk

Oh yes that's definitely true. It's too bad you can't use digital funding (credit/debit cards). Ebay is much cheaper than actual stores. In my conversions where I'd usually pay one to two hundred for the full kits I wind up paying 60-70 for one full kit and some bitz. Even the full kits you can usually save ten to fifteen dollars each kit. Since you can't though, I'd try to find a hobbystore (if there are multiples nearby, if not nevermind) that gives out coupons for each fifty or hundred dollars spent.

Good news, I was able to upgrade to the ten man squad! And I have a whole dollar and change leftover! :)

I think I will kitbash my first model, but if I remember right I have to soak in soapy warm water so I should have something up later tonight or tomorrow. ;)

Ima so happy now!

I thought I had read somewhere to soak the minis, but I went ahead and double-checked and I couldn't find it again so I didn't soak it. But I did prime it!

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/bleachit54/IMG_3034-Copy.jpg?t=1333680288

Good so far but it's a bit dark so it's hard to say much about his positioning. The soaking for minis that I think you read is probably talking about FW resin pieces. They have this VERY annoying resin that has to be brushed off. It's a bit easier to brush it off though after being soaked.

I thought I had read somewhere to soak the minis, but I went ahead and double-checked and I couldn't find it again so I didn't soak it.
This mostly goes for resin miniatures to get the dust and coating off, not for regular plastic or metal.

Looking good, I can't wait to see what your first mini looks like. Congrats on getting started! Did you end up finding some good inexpensive brushes? What paints did you go with?

Yes I found some decent-looking brushes. Umm, they didn't have the new glues so I grabbed a lot o the old colors. I know I grabbed Chaos Black, Necron Abyss, Skull White, Scab Red, Tin Bit because they didn't have Dwarf Bronze, Chainmail because they didn't have Boltgun Metal and a crap ton of blues but they didn't have any Regal Blue so I'll cross that road when I get there. Oh and I got Badab Black and Ogryn Flesh because Orgyn Flesh was the only wash they had. I just hope it isn't as dark as it looks in the container.

First they get rid of Midnight Blue, and now Necron Abyss... Naggaroth Night looks to be the midnight equivalent. It looks like Kantor blue isn't "purply" enough to be the necron abyss/midnight blue equivalent, imho. I'm just worried my future models won't look as consistent as my old ones.

Archived