Speeders vs. Bikes for DoA

MadMek83

Hello everyone!

While my mechanized forces do slowly progress forward, I am looking getting bit more Anti-Tank power for my DoA army. Something that can keep up with 2-3 full companies of ASM's.

I've been poundering between running 2-3 Speeders with heavy flamer and multi-melta and running bike squad with assault bike

Options 1: 3 bikes: Srgt with combi melta. 1 plasma gun and 1 melta. 1 MM attack bike and 1 priest with bike giving them FnP is 270P- unit has 4 AP1 or AP2 weapons. 6 wounds with toughness 5. Dropping priest would release elite slot and make it cost 195P Might be smarter to do this...

Option 2:

now 3 MM/HF Speeders are 210P its not that much.

option 3:

3x MM bikes: 180P. That's 6 wounds with toughness 5 and 3 multimelta's.

I honestly do not want to deal Land raiders (and I am suspecting I might soon have to face the Land Raider Terminus Ultra) or other similar tanks with Assault marines. I have bad experience with those, so having some fast dedicated Tank hunters messing up target priorities of enemy might be nice...

... and honestly, please do not suggest Vanguard veterans. I don't want to paint a jump pack in next 2 months. I just finished last 12 jump packs for various IC's and units (this years jump pack count is like 40+ aalready). I just want bit vehicles now that I might later use too when I get all 2 Baals, 4-6 razorbacks, vidicator and Landraider's bought, up and thus mechanized forces running...

Now I usually try to Pincer my enemies running my troops so that enemy has to or more fast moving targets and spread their fire, especially if enemy has alot blast weapons. I try to move fast using covers and then strike weak spot (Devastators, other heavy support units). I rarely deep strike.

My current games are usually between 1300-1500P.

go with the speeders then they are insanely good and they can fire if they go fast in contradiction to the bikes also they are av 's so this would be youre choice to in any parking lot lists because infantry gets to easy picked out if the rest are all av's

go with the speeders then they are insanely good and they can fire if they go fast in contradiction to the bikes also they are av 's so this would be youre choice to in any parking lot lists because infantry gets to easy picked out if the rest are all av's

Speeders can not fire if they go over 12 inches. Speeders can only fire 1 gun if they go over 6 inches (with the exception of Typhoons can fire 1 gun and frag missiles).

Attack bikes can go 12 inches and fire both guns. Attack bikes get a better cover save for going fast.

I prefer attac bikes.

3x MM bikes: 180P. That's 6 wounds with toughness 5 and 3 multimelta's.

You're reading the wrong book, dude :D. Points are off, bikes are cheaper.

All depends on what's in the rest of your army, if the speeders are the only armour, then they may not be such a good choice.

Bikes can hide behind rhinos/cover much easier.

@ Xenith: you're correct. They're 50 each with MM not 60 as I remembered ;)

I may have to include one suicide HF/MM speeder though if I am encounter more thunderfire cannons... it sucks attack bikes don't get falmer option. Running Melta-Flamer bike would be nasty.

Archived