Pimp a landspeeder

JaM_TW

Hi all,

I've recently bought 2 landspeeders and plan to magnetize them both, so that I can use them in whatever configuration.

However, I am looking for subtle ways to convert them, to mak them more look like a custom job.

I dont want a big winged sword at the front (I dont have it, and it's not THAT sleek... dunno, it's not for me).

However I'd like to get some ideas about pimping a 'speeder, DA style. I will probably use some cloaked helmets and bodies for the drivers (MIGHT do that, but speeding with a hoodie doesnt seem very bright). But, I'll use the rule of cool for that :P.

I am thinking of putting some mesh kinda structure on the front, on the parts that are a bit sunken.

Paint used will be a dark grey/green, paintjob will hopefully reflect a thouroughly used speeder with some mods (shorter thingie on the underside for instance).

More ideas? Do some of you have decent/nice converted DA speeders?

I did find a tutorial for magnetizing in the PCA-forum part. I plan on following it and perhaps taking some pics myself.

Cheers,

F&S

Hey, I like that flying stand. And I am going to magnetize it just like DJobo did :).

I dont have the ravenwing sprue (I dont have any bikes,... yet) but I dont want to buyit either.

The feathers dont really do it for me. BUT: I like thos small statues. Will have to look/trade for them. Should be doable.

Thansk for the replies so far! :)

A Space Wolf player at the local store has a pair of Speeders he's dubbed 'Odin's Ravens'; he did a neat trick of taking the Ravenwing banner poles, trimming them down somehow and fixing them underneath the Speeder's wings so that they arch forward, almost like decorative scythes.

Not sure I'm doing the description justice but they look awesome in a really understated way (I like kit bashes that don't really look like kit bashes the best); he may bring them to the store tonight, I'll try to remember to grab a phone photo if so.

Here is how I make my speeders look sleeker: I don't use the metal bar that goes in front of the speeder, together with the steps that come with it. Then I glue wings from a second speeder to the sides. You can also remove the support between the driver and the gunner.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i21/aekold666/sarafan%20order/P1060182.jpg

Oh, that looks kinda old skool...! I like it! I was wondering if I'd glue the 'bumpers' on anyway. I think I'll skip them now :).

You did something with the tail, too. Looks good.

Oh, that looks kinda old skool...! I like it! I was wondering if I'd glue the 'bumpers' on anyway. I think I'll skip them now :ph34r:.

You did something with the tail, too. Looks good.

Yes, that is the wing of yet another speeder.

If you can get your hands on some bits from the Ravenwing sprue, I've always been a fan of the long purity seals. They have a nice sense of movement and will help break up all the black with some bone/white, and they would echo the robes you're thinking about putting on the crew. They're not quite as ostentatious as the giant swords, censers and feathered poles, though.

• 1 month later...

Bit of a follow up:

Due to a lack of time (RL, you know how it goes...) I've managed to almost complete 1 speeder so far.

Painting/undercoating willhave to wait for now, too humid. When the weather gets better I will probably undercoat one of my old skool rhino/razorbacks then, too.

Building: I might wait until the next codex, who knows what nifty options we will get for them... So I will probably (for now) leave off the heavy bolter/bolters, and just run with it.

I see it as a 'souped up' speeder, Ravenwing being the best drivers/fliers out there according to fluff, I have no doubt that they will do stuff to improve their skills. Probably being blessed by some techpriest/marine, somewhere.

Photo's arent the best, but should do for now. Will get better but I had to use my old 2MP camera.

Better pics are coming when these are painted. Or even more modified.

Thanks to dark jobo for someof the bits, I've even pimped a dread in the meantime. :)

Cheers!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/thewarp_jam/landspeeders/IMG_5121.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/thewarp_jam/landspeeders/IMG_5119.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/thewarp_jam/landspeeders/IMG_5120.jpg

It's anti-insect mesh, you know, that stuff you can roll down and avoid nasty flying beasties at night.

Dunno how to describe it better actually... low on energy (and it's the end of the working day, figures...). ;)

Looks good, Flint&Steel!

Nice idea with the screws in there. Will have to remember that one! I do need to get myself a LS...

I've only made a LSS so far and, like you and others, chose to leave off the bumper. Just don't like the look of it. It'll do nicely for some terrain debris instead.

I'll just add that I really love Aekold's too!

Archived