Mephiston - Lord of Death

The Maz

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l496/TheMazSpr/Blood%20Angels/Mephiston-1.jpg

I did this guy as part of a commission project I am doing for one of the guys in my local club, sort of the way I envisioned Mephisto with a little bit of a twist with the standard color scheme.

Any questions or comments are welcome.

wow now that... is a very impressive version of Mephiston... the green on that sword is amazing. the Black is an interesting choice for teh chest piece i will say definitely different then how they show him. is it a hint of him thinking of his days as a death company?

and also i do need to ask.... how did you do that sword that one >.< really am curious now!?

wow now that... is a very impressive version of Mephiston... the green on that sword is amazing. the Black is an interesting choice for teh chest piece i will say definitely different then how they show him. is it a hint of him thinking of his days as a death company?

and also i do need to ask.... how did you do that sword that one >.< really am curious now!?

Well the sword itself was airbrushed, I started out by painting the arm and sword separately, and priming the piece with Army painters Dark Green primer. From there you take a piece of masking tape and place it along the center line of the sword blade and you blend the sword from dark to light with the colors of your choice.

In this case I kept the dark primer as the darkest point on the sword, and blended in Sick Green, Escorpena Green, and Livery Green, all from Vallejo's Game color range. The final highlight is a bit of the Livery Green mixed with white, just to give it a bit brighter a point on the blade.

Once you have one side done it really sets up how the rest of the blade will be done. You let the just airbrushed side dry, and then you mask that off showing off the next side of the blade to be airbrushed. From there you just take your highlight and shadow locations and switch them. So if your first side was darkest down by the hilt, on the second half of the sword it is going to be the lightest down by the hilt and darkest at the blades tip. And then you just follow keep the highlight locations the same on each side of the blades front and back.

As for the chest piece, I really didnt think about it too much, I was just trying to make the mini a bit more broken up. Red robes, and a red chest piece sort of got a bit boring to me even if it was a different darker shade of red. So I think using the darker tone for the chest piece really helps the contrast with the pale skin of his face making it pop a bit more.

Even if he looks a little bit different from the standard BE, Meph I think he will stand out decently well on the battlefield.

Archived