Apocalypse!

Jorre

So my blood angel army has been growing over the years, I think I own between 8-10k points worth all in varies stages of assembly. So myself and some mates want start playing apocalypse, but I honestly have no idea where to start. There are that many imperial armour books that buying them all seems stupid!! How many are actually current and upto date? And which ones are relevant to the blood angels?

As far as the apocalypse rules are concerned do I need both apocalypse and apocalypse reloaded? Or is the most current one sufficient?

And lastly what super heavies can I combine with my blood angels? It seems like the only one available is the thunder hawk ? I want titans or a baneblade damnit!

Any advise or guidance would be much appreciated!

So my blood angel army has been growing over the years, I think I own between 8-10k points worth all in varies stages of assembly. So myself and some mates want start playing apocalypse, but I honestly have no idea where to start. There are that many imperial armour books that buying them all seems stupid!! How many are actually current and upto date? And which ones are relevant to the blood angels?

As far as the apocalypse rules are concerned do I need both apocalypse and apocalypse reloaded? Or is the most current one sufficient?

And lastly what super heavies can I combine with my blood angels? It seems like the only one available is the thunder hawk ? I want titans or a baneblade damnit!

Any advise or guidance would be much appreciated!

In apocalypse you can field pretty much anything, so you can indeed have that Titan or Baneblade that you want. I believe all you need is the apocalypse book for the rules to play, but the entries for the various tanks and units all come in different books. So as long as you have the rules and any entries for units and formations you're going to use then you should be OK.

I know what you're thinking, there are so many books out there how can you look at them all. Sometimes you can find a sheet of an entry or two up the either the GW website or the Forgeworld Site.

So is there anywhere I can go to get a overview of what is in each imperial armour book? I don't like the idea of just buying random books hoping I get some units relevant to Blood Angels.

Or is there a book with all the titans in it? Or a book with all the super heavy tanks etc?

So is there anywhere I can go to get a overview of what is in each imperial armour book? I don't like the idea of just buying random books hoping I get some units relevant to Blood Angels.

Or is there a book with all the titans in it? Or a book with all the super heavy tanks etc?

Have a look on the forge world site maybe even the GW website.. Sometimes you'll find entries like this:

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Custom...-_Stormlord.pdf

February 2011's White Dwarf (WD373) had 4 BA Apocalypse formations.

-One is Dante, Deep Striking with an HG and 2-4 SG squads, and they essentially get Heroic Intervention (and tactical precision).

-One is for Astorath and bunches and bunches of DC (a chaplain, tycho, Lemartes, DC, and DC dreds), and all their attacks work like Blood Talons (gain attacks for every unsaved wound caused)

-One is for 3 SRs (plus 3 furioso dreads and 3 terminator squads). They get one time S8 AP1 pie plate attack.

-One is for a LR and 2 or more Baal Predators. If they all fire at the same target, you put the hellstorm template anywhere so the whole thing s within 24 inches of the unit. Anything under it is hit with S6 AP3. Then place a marker at the front and back end of the template. Any unit that crosses that line in the next turn takes 2d6 S3 AP4 hits. Also, if all the units have sponsons, all failed 'to wound' rolls get rerolled.

honestly, i just research the ones that i want, and then find them online. there are a lot of PDFs, and as others have said, a lot of white dwarfs and the GW/FW website has a lot. i have never bought an IA book.

and remember, in a apoc, any army goes, so just pick ANYTHINg that you like and use it. they are unlikely to be balanced anyway as some armies just scale up better.

Apocalypse book is a must. It has all the rules needed.

Apocalypse reload adds army specific stratagems, and some formations. 1st company, scout company and mass deepstriking terminators. Some others.

Imperial Armour Apocalypse has ancients assault force. techpriests + dreadbash + flankattack.

Imperial Armour Apocalypse 2nd Edition has all the same + contemptor and more.

I recommend Apoc rulebook as a must. Reloaded if you are willing to shell for it. Imperial Armour 2nd Edition if you want to play with forgeworld goodies.

GW homepage has some very nice (free) stuff.

Archived