My Blood Angels

nusphigor

Hail and well met my brothers!

I have a Blood Angels army but I have to say I'm pretty new with them.

So far I've played like 3 times with them (and got my rear armour beaten so hard the techmarines are still cursing my name!)

Anyway I enjoy more painting and modelling them :P

I made this army having in mind that I want to keep with a Slavic/Russian kind of design (names, freehanded iconography) because I see the Blood Angels like vampires and well, we all know vampires are more known as being from romania and eastern europe.

Also I really don't like them having the helmets in a different color so I reserved the Right Shoulderpad and the left knee for that and the squad markings are going to go on top of that.

Here's what I have:

Captain Zlad Gunther:

He is the Captain for my 5th company.

I have 2 versions of him: one with a Storm Bolter and a Thunder Hammer and the other one with a Jump Pack and a pair of Lightning Claws.

I called him Zlad Gunther as a joke because he has long hair and a moustache like the Russian humorist Zlad and like that dreadful singer Gunther XD

Here is a pic of him (thats my Flickr gallery if you want to see some of my works meanwhile I upload those pictures in here in the Bolter and Chainsword page):

Link

Reclusiarch Klaus:

He is a conversion I made using a Chaos marine Skull helmet, the pole of a thunder Hammer, an aquilla icon form the command sprue and some death company bits.

I named him Klaus because of an old german singer called Klaus Nomi. I just liked the kind of art he made. (well I consider it art because his songs and videos evocated a lot of things other than just music)

Sadly I still have no pictures of him.

Librarian -Unnamed-:

He is a conversion of Ezekiel form the Dark Angels, I'm just going to shave the other chapter icons, sculpt some Blood Angels symbols and give him a jump pack when the miniature arrives.

Any idea on a name for him?

Chaplain Lemartes:

I ordered that miniature just because I'd like to paint it but have no idea how of if I'm going to use it :P

Sternguard Veteran Squad Milhail:

Just a 9-8 man Sternguard Squad with no upgrades.

I say 9-8 because I have one miniature of a sergeant with a combi-melta and a powerfist that looks A LOT like Tycho, so I still don't know if I'm going to use it as Tycho or as the sergeant of the Squad.

Sanginary Priest -Unnamed-:

Just an apothecary with a powersword.

Any idea for a name?

Tactical Squad -Unnamed-:

I really like the tactical squads and I don't know why hahaha

Its a 10 man squad

well, the sergeant of this one has a powerfist and a storm bolter. One marine has a missile launcher and another marine will have a plasmagun.

Again, another idea to call them?

Assault Squad -Unnamed-:

It's a 10 man squad.

They all have jump packs and the sergeant has a plasma pistol and a big powersword that one friend that plays Dark Angels gave me. The other 2 marines have meltaguns.

Vanguard Veteran Squad -Unnamed-:

It's a 5 man squad.

The sergeant has a Glaive Encarmine and a Storm Shield, 2 veterans have a power fist and the other 2 have Plasma pistols.

They all have jump packs and the idea is that they are the squad for Captain Zlad Gunther whenever I want to play with his Lightning Claw/Jump pack version.

2 Rhinos: "Sword of Baal" and "Litany of Blood"

I think one of the Rhinos is going to the Tactical Squad and the other one for the Sternguard Veteran Squad but I'm not 100% on that yet so I'm still saving them for later.

Death Company Squad -Unnamed-

Its a 8 man squad with one guy with a power fist and a bolter, the other 7 guys have chainsword and Bolt Pistols.

I don't know how to use them. I mean, because they are relentless they can rapidfire and then assault but I have no Idea what is more effective, if that or just stick with the ccw/pistol combo for more close combat attacks. Any Idea?

And some Missile Launcher guy that Maybe is going for a Devastator Squad but I still don't know. Maybe I'll call him Hans Solo since solo is the word in spanish for alone XD

And thats about it.

I still have to get a Furioso Dread with a drop pod but other than that I have no idea what else to get.

I know I don't want to get into a tournament style kind of army since I don't have that much time to play anymore :S

Well I hope you like this post and help me in my journey with these guys. It would be awesome if you could help me developing this army :)

Cheers!

Did this myself actually. I came up with a list of names for all my Characters and Veteran Sargents. I named my Chapter the Blood Eagles (obviously a Blood Angels successor). However I've lost the list now as it was on my computer drive which I don't have any more and I lost the copy of the printed list I had. :D

All you need to do really is have an internet search for names. Thats what I did and I came up with some excellent ones.

I still remember some of the names though from my old list.

Librarian on a bike was called Lazurus

Chaplain was called Carstaphen

Commander Matthius

Commander Collosus

Chapter Master Atterador (Spanish for terror), heck I even used the Fantasy model for Archon on foot to make this guy up. Filed off the choas markings, used purity seals on him, gave him a space marine head. Fantastic, although he stood a massive foot above the other marines, lol. Shame really, I could use Mephistons rules for him since he is a big guy himself.

I'm sure I had Ezekial & Xavier in there somewhere as well. I had lots more than this but I can't really remember a lot of them.

@ James:

Thanks brother :pirate:

Zlad Gunther was basically the miniature that made me want to collect blood angels

@darth:

Thanks for the suggestion!

I've been looking at some names and I found some that picked my attention, such as:

- Borislav: which is composed of the elements bor- "battle" and slav "glory"

- Viktor: Which means "Conqueror"

- Dragoslav: Which is composed of Drago -"precious" and Slav -"glory"

- Vilem: Which means "Resolute"

- Beriszl: that means "Honor"

- Kardos: Which means "swordsman" (perfect for the Vanguard Veteran Sergeant)

- Loránd: which means "brave warrior"

- Ozseb: that means "hero"

I think those are enough names for the company :P

Soon I'll take some pictures of what I have so this thread doesn't become that boring.

Meanwhile a question:

Keeping in mind which miniatures I have for starting to play, how would you make an army list? I mean, how would be your army list, which units would you use and how could they help each other in developing any tactics you may have?

Cheers ;)

@ James:

Thanks brother ;)

Zlad Gunther was basically the miniature that made me want to collect blood angels

@darth:

Thanks for the suggestion!

I've been looking at some names and I found some that picked my attention, such as:

- Borislav: which is composed of the elements bor- "battle" and slav "glory"

- Viktor: Which means "Conqueror"

- Dragoslav: Which is composed of Drago -"precious" and Slav -"glory"

- Vilem: Which means "Resolute"

- Beriszl: that means "Honor"

- Kardos: Which means "swordsman" (perfect for the Vanguard Veteran Sergeant)

- Loránd: which means "brave warrior"

- Ozseb: that means "hero"

I think those are enough names for the company ;)

Soon I'll take some pictures of what I have so this thread doesn't become that boring.

Meanwhile a question:

Keeping in mind which miniatures I have for starting to play, how would you make an army list? I mean, how would be your army list, which units would you use and how could they help each other in developing any tactics you may have?

Cheers ;)

Good to hear. You're well on your way to making your own successor chapter. You might inspire me to give it a go again and make the list up.

Well, the first thing to making an army list is thinking about what way you want to play. Since I love Jump Pack troops I have a jumper heavy army when taking the board. I usually have enough stuff though to change my list from week to week, since I like to mix things up a bit. Sometimes it leads to good lists, at other times the list isn't too great but I still have fun.

You can post you list in the army list section. There is a link to it at the top of this forum and have people comment on it for suggestions.

In my jumper list I usually start with 2 ten man squads of assault marines, with two meltaguns and a powerfist sargent in each one. I take some priests with jump packs to add in as well to get the furious charge ability and feel no pain.

well I was kinda going to play them as true Blood Angels, not a successor chapter. But since I've made enough changes for them (not using different helmet colors, different names, darker tone of red) I think I better start calling them differently XD besides it seems like a better idea to make ones own chapter I guess.

I was really curious about that jumper army list, it seems really mobile and intimidating (all those marines on the table) I'm sure I will try it sometime when I have enough miniatures for it ;)

But, well, right now i'm more on a collector/painter mood so I guess I'll wait untill I finish painting what I have and then I'll start testing armylists (besides I have a lot of stuff from other people that I have to paint!!!)

So far the 4 games I've played (I know i said 3 but I just remembered the other one) were planetstrike games against orks (that gazkhull trakka or however that name is, is really tough! specially with that huge nob squad!), tyranids (LOTS of monstrous creatures and that doom of Malantai!!!), eldar corsairs (with a powerful Imperial Armour doom of myemara army list that made a lot of shoots per turn) and a doubles game with imperial guard against orks vs. chaos (my blood angels clearly destroyed the chaos player but the orks killed the imperial guard and my troops were far too weakened to stand their ground), as we were playing a small planetstrike campaign on the club.

Those were fun games

BTW Thanks for your advice bud, you really have to do a post if you your succesor chapter again! ;)

Archived