How many Saves do you get to take?

circus1943

Hey!

I actually haven't played my first real game yet, but I've watched my friends play a couple now. And last they played we discussed how many saves you actually get to take, but we didn't really agree on anything. So, assuming a unit has Armour, Cover, Invurn and FNP, how many of these do you actually get to utilize?

You choose the best save out of the first 3 that is applicable to the type of wound you received. If you fail that save and FNP is applicable to the type of wound you received, you get to try that as a last ditch effort.

Sorry, Volag, that's slightly off. Models can only take a sigle save of the object blocking the shot form, i.e. Invulnerable, Cover, or Armor. Then, assuming 1) they have Feel No Pain, and 2) Feel No Pain applies to the situation, they may take their Feel No Pain save. There's a nice example in the BRB which I believe uses a chaplain in a building with Feel No Pain.

Sorry, Volag, that's slightly off. Models can only take a sigle save of the object blocking the shot form, i.e. Invulnerable, Cover, or Armor. Then, assuming 1) they have Feel No Pain, and 2) Feel No Pain applies to the situation, they may take their Feel No Pain save. There's a nice example in the BRB which I believe uses a chaplain in a building with Feel No Pain.

Slightly? :P

The example mentioned above, along with the relevant rules, is on page 24 of the rulebook.

Hey!

I actually haven't played my first real game yet, but I've watched my friends play a couple now. And last they played we discussed how many saves you actually get to take, but we didn't really agree on anything. So, assuming a unit has Armour, Cover, Invurn and FNP, how many of these do you actually get to utilize?

You get to make one save (the best of those available). Note: Feel No Pain is not a save, so you roll either Armor, Cover, or Invulnerable. You can then use your Feel No Pain ability if you have it.

Archived