Rubric Terminators

Ah-a-nothepsis

Now that these are sealed and completed, I notice all the mold lines.. Of course! >.<

As stated in their WIP, it shouldn't be too hard to quickly convert the combi-plasma guns into TL-bolters if GW gives me Rubric Termies back.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee375/Ah-a-nothepsis/DSC00804.jpg

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee375/Ah-a-nothepsis/DSC00805.jpg

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee375/Ah-a-nothepsis/DSC00806.jpg

Hellios- What seems like Rubricae to you?

Well the thing is they just look like normal chaos space marine terminators in 1ksons colours to me. Nothing that screams rubric... As I said before... they look nice... real purdy... they just don't scream rubric :P

Well the thing is they just look like normal chaos space marine terminators in 1ksons colours to me. Nothing that screams rubric... As I said before... they look nice... real purdy... they just don't scream rubric :D

Now I'm curious. What does scream Rubric?

Well the thing is they just look like normal chaos space marine terminators in 1ksons colours to me. Nothing that screams rubric... As I said before... they look nice... real purdy... they just don't scream rubric :D

I'm under the impression Rubric don't scream since there husks anyway ;)

OT: Ah-a-nothepsis those are really good looking 1K sons. good job

These are superb, and the colors pop real nice. I especially like the use of the Tomb Kings blades as well. Now we need to see a suitably spikey sorceror to lead them!

When I hear the term 'Rubric', I always expect to see a multicolored checkered pattern... :D

Trust me, if I get Ruby Termies back there will be a sorcerer.

For now, they will have to be "remote-operated", so to speak. IE, the book serves as incantations of spells and once they lose it/fall back due to a leadership test, that is a remote sorcerer recalling them to perform other tasks.

I won't spoil Battle of the Fang for anyone, but if you read that book you will gain some insight on how dynamic Rubrics can be during combat and also how their operator can be far away (even off-planet, as illustrated in Atlas Infernal)

Thanks for the kind words everyone :] I am always striving to improve my painting but with school and all it's very hard to spend a lot of time on minis, which is why everything in my collection is speed painted.

I think the thing I like most about these is the absence of horns and so forth on the helmets.

Somehow that makes them seem more Walking Suit of Armour-y and less Standard Chaos Terminator-y.

Competing for second place is the cool guns and the glowy eyes, both very fine. :D

You guys are super nice, thanks!

I realy hate spiky stuff and try to avoid it. I like to convey the idea of a Legion who is reluctant to turn barbaric.

I really like the non-spiky look! Especially the missing horns on the helmets is a great thing because I hate those :)

Well the thing is they just look like normal chaos space marine terminators in 1ksons colours to me. Nothing that screams rubric... As I said before... they look nice... real purdy... they just don't scream rubric ;)

Well... something that makes them seem special...

No spikey bits... a good idea and something I've done with some of my chaos marines including all but one plastic thousand son (Who is a sorcerer). Glowing eyes are I will grant nicely done but not something that marks a unit out as being a rubric ... Many of my normal marines (Loyalist marines) have lens glare.

Basically it is a lack of any of the iconic rubric imagery in my mind.

Archived