Rubric Terminators

Ah-a-nothepsis

Hellios- What seems like Rubricae to you?

Well the thing is they just look like normal chaos space marine terminators in 1ksons colours to me. Nothing that screams rubric... As I said before... they look nice... real purdy... they just don't scream rubric :D

Now I'm curious. What does scream Rubric?

Well... something that makes them seem special...

No spikey bits... a good idea and something I've done with some of my chaos marines including all but one plastic thousand son (Who is a sorcerer). Glowing eyes are I will grant nicely done but not something that marks a unit out as being a rubric ... Many of my normal marines (Loyalist marines) have lens glare.

Basically it is a lack of any of the iconic rubric imagery in my mind.

You've stated that these don't look 'rubric' but you still haven't stated what sets a rubric marine apart from these? What needs to be added or taken away to make them more 'fitting' with the Thousand Sons look... because to me they look great!

I think it comes down to this thing on his neck. I would say this is the factor which screams rubric foremost, not gleeming eyes.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/e/e7/Thousand_Sons_Terminator.jpg

Makes sense, but there's lots of different marks of armor out there, and plenty of variation for something so plain (aka, a rubric marine). Not everyone needs Egyptian pharaoh lines. "It's what's on the inside that counts", after all.

I'd like to see Ahriman in a black market with a hood on and talking to some dark mechanicus merchant, like he's placing an order from a Lands End clothing mag.

"Let's see here.. so many to choose from! Alright, get me five of the Corvus pattern and make sure that you really tell the serfs to do some ad-lib zodiac work on the chest piece. I want to see Gemini and maybe even Scorpio. Ah, and how about this one? Give me one of these Praetor pattern helms for Hathor Maat, he's really been working extra hard lately getting me those rogue trader ships I wanted. Make sure his crest looks exactly like the rubricae crest, I really want him to be insulted. Oh he'll be so ticked!!!"

I never said they didn't look great... In fact I said they looked great/nice whatever. If however someone placed them on the board across from me \i would know at first glance that they are rubric marines... and That is why they don't scream rubric marines.

Rubrics tend to have some strange armour design, the nemes is of course iconic on the power armoured rubrics and would in my mind make it obvious they these were rubric unless someone went out of the way to make them look like sorcerers. That being said I've seen some great rubrics without the nemes but the guy had done a ton of work to them with greenstuff and I wish I could find a link to them now...

Like I said they look great but I would not know without being told that they are rubric marines.

Archived