What should I buy next?

Kaladon_Lindor

Hi, I am a fairly bad player as far as tactics go, but I know having the right units is pretty :D important. So I have come to you, brothers of the Bolter and chainsword, for advice. I mostly fight my brother who is a tank heavy tau (literally refuses to buy broadsides) and likes to use his pathfinders to light me up (marker lights... wasn't sure everyone would get the pun). He also uses quite a few crisis suits with missile pods and the such. So, for what to buy next I will have to tell you what I have. I have 3 ten men tactical squads, a combat squad of assault marines (5), 5 scouts, 2 captains, a land raider, a predator (that needs some major reconstruction work), a drop pod, a rhino, a dreadnought, five termies, and... 15 auxiliary Kraskin I got from my brother for a GB advanced. In all, I can bring quite a few points to muster, but I always lose to him... Any advice for me?

-K

Two more Rhinos for the other two Tactical squads. Buy the Razorback kit though, same price and comes with pieces for a Razorback and a Rhino, just don't glue the tops down.

Kasrkin can't be used in Space Marines, suppose as Scouts as counts as though.

What equipment do the Terminators have?

If you want to use the Assault Marines it'd be best to get a second box to field the whole squad of 10.

Also, can't go wrong with Land Speeders, of either the Typhoon or MM/HF variety. Consider attack bikes with multi-meltas as an alternative to MM/HF Speeders.

When you rebuild the pred I'd stick to either the autocannon/heavy bolter version (dakka) or autocannon/lascannon version (combi). Basically don't but the TL-LC turret, it's not worth the points. Also, magnets would be good if you can.

All of the suggestions above are not only good for Tau, but also for a wide variety of armies with varying degrees of success depending on the said unit. Nearly all have their place in an all comers list.

There's another "what to buy next" thread further down on this page where there may be other general ideas.

Seems you already have a good amount of models already my advice make a list of what you have got and play some games and then go from there for what you may want or need. Proxy for a few games if need be. I.e. Lack of fast melta maybe a LS with multi-melta or Attack Bike with Multi-melta. An rember if it

looks cool or you have an awsome conversion for it just go for it no matter what someone says about the unit.

In having loads of fun and success with my LoTD and Scout Bikers at the moment. But I would first invest in 2 more rhinos so you have a good solid core of 3 tactical squads with transport and a captain as an HQ. Then build off of that a list YOU ENJOY playing with.

I 2nd buying the razorback kit much better value for money!

Yeah, I would say that transport is the biggest thing. That and a good solid base of tacticals. Its not as exciting, but it opens up a LOT of flexibility in list building to have that available.

It took me a while but I have 3 razorbacks/rhinos and 3 drop pods with enough tacticals to make 4 squads. With that I can field virtually any kind of army I want at 1500 pt size.

Archived