Wolf Guard Skalagrim

Wolftracks8

First and foremost, a HUGE Thank You to brainwashed(Duane) and hendrik for the pics of Skalagrim. I could not have even attemptrd the conversion without them. (my apologies Duane)

The model has been drastically modified :

Head: from Plastic Space Wolves boxed set. Ponytail and beard braids were scratchbuilt and attached.

Torso: Plastic Assault Terminator with a Wolf skull(from a Space Wolf Term stanard top) added to chest

Thunder Hammer: made from 3 Thunderhammer/axes and added wolf tail.

Legs: from plastic Space Wolf terminators. Added a Wolf skull to fur front(needed the rounded knee pads)

Shield : Plastic Space Wolves with added wolf tails.

Left shoulder pad: Forge World with added wolf skull

Right Shoulder pad: Plastic Space Wolves Termintors set.

All the wolf tails hang naturally and swing freely.

I need to add a rounded shoulder guard on the left shoulder.

Enjoy:

med_gallery_65587_7092_98004.jpg

med_gallery_65587_7092_302624.jpg

med_gallery_65587_7092_692031.jpg

med_gallery_65587_7092_935025.jpg

med_gallery_65587_7092_443916.jpg

Newest images:

med_gallery_65587_7116_358614.jpg

med_gallery_65587_7116_570400.jpg

med_gallery_65587_7116_298343.jpg

I really like the conversion work! he looks great. I would try to thin down the wolf skull on the shoulder though. maybe file it down more, or file the shoulder pad flatter and the skull to make it work better.

I really like the conversion work! he looks great. I would try to thin down the wolf skull on the shoulder though. maybe file it down more, or file the shoulder pad flatter and the skull to make it work better.

I agree. It really showed up in the pics. I've already replaced it with a skull from a regular Space Wolf terminator shoulder pad. Looks much better.

Duane here. :D

You really nailed it. Great work! Would you mind if I copied your bits that you used? I'm impressed with what you pulled off!

Duane. Knock yourself out pal. If you need any assistance let me know.

Duane here. ;)

You really nailed it. Great work! Would you mind if I copied your bits that you used? I'm impressed with what you pulled off!

What did you use for the brass wire? I don't have anything like that. I like how you were able to twist it around the wrist/forearm to match the photo.

Duane here. :)

What did you use for the brass wire? I don't have anything like that. I like how you were able to twist it around the wrist/forearm to match the photo.

I used 28 gauge brass wire for the bracelet... For the ponytail and beard braids, I used .015 brass rod. I took 3 pieces. 2 about 3/4 of an inch long and the center piece about 1 inch. I clamped the end with the center piece sticking out. Then I used a pliers and clamped wherever I wanted the length to end and twisted until it was very tight. The long center piece is going to be inserted into the headsculpt. Trim the 2 side pieces off. I used a # 78 wire size drill bit and drilled holes in the head where the braids go. The ends were clipped at an angle .

Thanks mate. Where do you get stuff like that? Michael's craft store?

The 28 gauge wire comes in a spool for hanging pictures. I got it at the hardware store. The .015 brass wire comes in varying thickness and is made by Details Associates for model railroading... stock # 2505.

It would probably be easier for me to make a few and just mail some to you. PM your mailing addy if you'd like.

hendrik: Thanks. If you mean the round badge with claws or teeth hanging from it, then yes.

Paladin 7221: Thank you. I would say about 24 hours. I spent 8 straight the first day and was finished with everything but the head. It's nice being retired!!!!

I think you have a great model here that represents the depiction in IA11 very well. The one tiny bit that looks out of place to me is the wolf skull on the Crux. Because it doesn't sit flush it looks a bit out of place to me. Otherwise I love it.

I think you have a great model here that represents the depiction in IA11 very well. The one tiny bit that looks out of place to me is the wolf skull on the Crux. Because it doesn't sit flush it looks a bit out of place to me. Otherwise I love it.

I couldn't agree more. I was stuck choosing the pad with the wolf skull already molded on or the pad with the iron cross with gems..... The picture really depicts the cross and gems , so I went with that. I am contemplating making a skull out of GS . shouldn't be too hard and would make the pad look way better.

Duane: the besagew is an Assault terminator banner top, I just converted it to look like the artwork.

Yep. I just spent an hour removing the skull from a Forge world Terminator shoulder pad, sanding down a Space Wolf Terminator Wolf skull Banner top, and trial and error fitted and fidgeted until they fit and it looked right.

thanks for the motivation.

Yep. I just spent an hour removing the skull from a Forge world Terminator shoulder pad, sanding down a Space Wolf Terminator Wolf skull Banner top, and trial and error fitted and fidgeted until they fit and it looked right.

thanks for the motivation.

Awesome, I look forward to seeing the results!

Archived