Decimator update

Narse

I saw this picture of the Decimator I believe this is the other weapon option, "Soul Burner Petard", and ah.... maybe a conversion beamer?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/decimator.jpg

I have been debating Contemptor vs Decimator for a while now. Here's my final thoughts:

Winner: Decimator.

Reason 1: While the Contemptor is very efficient (both as a ranged transport buster, and a fleet/WS 5 melee unit with AV 13 to the front) the Decimator's Unholy Vigor + Daemonic Possession rules give it something like a Cover Save that the Contemptor always has. But, it can also get a Cover Save....

Reason 2: The Decimator as I would field it would be 2 Butcher Cannons, which would make a kick ass proxy for Grey Knight Riffleman style Dreadnoughts should I feel the need to run that codex.

This picture has the Weapons Labeled

I really hope that they make the Soulburner a more attractive option, because it's the gun arm I like the most.

Maybe if I put a set of barrels in the end to make a gatling-style gun that could look like a butcher cannon?

What are the stats for the conversion beamer? I can't find them...

It actually is in the Contemptor weapon and listed in the link I put in my post....

Heavy conversion Beamer

Up to 18” S6 AP- Heavy 1, 5” Blast, Firing Calibration

18” to 42” S8 AP4 Heavy 1, 5” Blast, Firing Calibration

42” to 72” S10 AP1 Heavy 1, 5” Blast, Firing Calibration

Tbh, it is very bad for its points, even worse than a normal dreadnought, bad ws and bs, armour is flimsy at best and it special rules are untrustworthy.

Give me a contemptor for this every day. Ever seen what Tzeentch contemptor can do? hit on 2's and reroll the 1's that is pretty bad ass.

I do love the model though

Archived