Oops, 3D printing vs scale

After reading the progress of someone here making their own weapon systems I figured id check out the sight. Picked up a few things and after a few week wait this is what I ended up with.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc381/Death_Guard_Trooper/DSCN2578.jpg

I would say the scale is way off from what the producer was going for. Dont get me wrong the detail is awesome but the bolter isnt even fit for truescale. With only five once I start cutting it down ill probly end up wrecking the whole thing lol

The axe isnt bad I can work with that.

The helmets he did say would be a little small, but i dont think they would work for truescale humans if there was such a thing. Ill keep them but I doubt ill ever have a use for them.

Hopefully this helps if anyone is also looking at going the same route, there are alot of other great stuff on the site but I would make a small purchase and see what you get before you try outfitting a army.

What site are you talking about? If you are talking about shapeways, the guy who made the models there created a line of parts to go with female marines which wouldn't fit well on normal marines.

Stumbled upon the site a few weeks ago myself, did a bit of searching and have been waiting to see the progress on this blog here, where somebody ordered from there as well. Seems like you made the better choice with the material though.

Well, the size of the parts is either a mistake in setting up the 3D files or the printer, but the parts themselves seem to have a smooth finish and sharp edges from what I can tell, so I'd say it's a nice way to get some clean masters for reproduction or a single project.

Yes it was shapeways. He said that on the parts too, thats why I mentioned he said it would look a little funny on a normal marine. I dont know what size the female marines are but these heads would be small for a normal guardsman. Trust me, they are small.

No complaints on detail for sure. If the bolters were just smaller I couldnt have asked for more becuase they are awesome. Id mount them on a rig instead but I got surpressed ones so it wont be as easy as I like to us them.

Ill definalty try it again once they are more refined for sure.

Archived