Zone Mortalis

HJL

Hi Guys,

So we just finished our first game of ZM. It is a great game, ideal for small armies. More than 1000pts becomes unwieldy very fast and far too cluttered. The lay out of the board makes a huge difference. Long corridors are fun but too much concentration of forces just because a game of who has the biggest gun.

We used books laid on the dining room table to form corridors to see if we wanted to commit $100s on a table. I think with a few rules tweaks it may be the best 40k expansion yet!

Who else has played a game? How did it go? What list did you run?

Hugh

When I saw the Zone Mortalis tiles on forge world, I thought it would be a really cool concept. I'm tempted to give this a try over the summer maybe, when my friends and I have more free time. I'll have to read the rules thoroughly before attempting to play of course, but it looks like a lot of fun.

I ve been playing at my lgs, using walls and barricades and stuff, been playing 600 pts and it's been so much fun. my chaos list needs some tweeking but consists of DP three termies, two with combi-flamer chainfists, one with heavy flamer chainfist, ten man squad of CSM with two meltas and champion with powerfist and one obliterator.

It s done well but thinking of dropping termies for a chosen squad with five meltas.

Space marines did better because of four man plasma cannon dev squad, blast templates a resolved against the wall it hits so no matter what i get hits if firing down at a corner, also ironclads with two heavy flamers a beast.

Its much more than that. Its basicaly 40k but in confined areas. Perfect if you have it as a section of a larger battle.

Archived