Paint comp on 14th

DK1

At our LGS we will be displaying painted models for 2 weeks, and people can come in a vote for which they like the most, we enter our models on the 14th. So i forgot to take any pics up till the point im at, but this is where i am so far.

gallery_66329_7076_197300.jpg

gallery_66329_7076_444241.jpg

I still have alot of detail to add, and some dry brushing in the joints, the base will be him vaulting over the wall, i added the chain.

I have meant this model to be clean and crisp, a friend like dirty and warn models and i chose to go the other way.

I will keep this posted as i change and detail, any suggestions on it? what does B&C think?

also the metallic paints i used dont seem to show very well, has a crazy prism effect under light. His eyes are green with Glow in the dark paint, freaked me out when i turned out the lights in the room

Ill try to take some pics without alot of light so the details show better tomorrow.

So this is the position and some more detail, still need to add to the seals and stuff. Sorry about the glare, that effect with the metallic silver really makes it hard to take pics of.

gallery_66329_7076_1424246.jpg

gallery_66329_7076_1110061.jpg

gallery_66329_7076_1344187.jpg

gallery_66329_7076_796377.jpg

Nice work, my local store has a painting competition on the 14th of April too, (don't suppose yours is leeds UK?) I would post my entry but its not 40k and its not wearing power armour!

Painting Grimgor Ironhide myself, its finished and based just read for submitting.

I love the pose of your model, I'm just struggling to see any detail due to the lighting, I find thats the hardest thing to get right when I'm photographing my models too. Good luck with the comp.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived