Opinions

Tj9614

Hey guys I'm trying to create my own successor chapter to the blood angels.

At the moment I only have my chapter master partially done.

I was hoping for your input on a) is he overpowered

what do you think he should cost points wise

And c) if he is over powered any ideas on how to equal him out

Here's his profile

Chapter master- commander sigismondo Cellini

Special rules- blades of fury (commander Cellini is so well versed in swordsmanship he wields double handed power swords)

Throwing sword (before you assault with commander Cellini you may choose to throw one power sword at the enemy. On a roll of 5+ the enemy instantly suffers 1 wound. If however you do not hit you suffer -1 attack and no double handed attack as Cellini tries to retrieve the lost power sword)

Ws|bs| s | t|w|I|a|ld |sv 

7 | 3 | 5 |4|3|6|4|10|3+

What benefit does the use of "double-handed" power swords confer? Do you just mean that he has two power swords and therefore +1 attack?

I have no idea on points -- hopefully other more seasoned players can answer that. I just haven't played enough or read enough codices to give an opinion on that.

The special ability to throw a sword doesn't seem overpowered since it's balanced-out by the lower attack profile on a role of 1-4 but the pricing will be the key here. As long as your regular gaming companions are okay with it, then it's fine -- you won't be able to use such a homegrown character anywhere else anyway.

I meant to say dual wielded

And it doesn't give any benifit you could have a pistol and still get the double attacks.

I just liked the modelling aspects and character behind a space marine slicing enemies apart with 2 power swords

How about :Model him with 2 swords,

Has the special rule 'Thrown blade': pick a target unit within 12" of the chapter master, then roll to his once using his BS. If the chapter master hits, the target unit takes a S7, AP2 hit from the thrown sword. If the master rolls a '1' to hit, he must make an armour save as he fumbles the sword.

He would cost roughly the same as a captain with a power weapon and plasma pistol.

I would say give him a bonus like rerolls to hit to show benefit of the 2 swords.

I'm not sure its a good idea to create a special character and give him significantly better stats (such as the Strength 5, a marine should not be strenght 5).

Perhaps make his swords some special relic that always hits at strength 5 (like Corbulo's sword).

Hey guys I'm trying to create my own successor chapter to the blood angels.

At the moment I only have my chapter master partially done.

I was hoping for your input on a) is he overpowered

what do you think he should cost points wise

And c) if he is over powered any ideas on how to equal him out

Here's his profile

Chapter master- commander sigismondo Cellini

Special rules- blades of fury (commander Cellini is so well versed in swordsmanship he wields double handed power swords)

Throwing sword (before you assault with commander Cellini you may choose to throw one power sword at the enemy. On a roll of 5+ the enemy instantly suffers 1 wound. If however you do not hit you suffer -1 attack and no double handed attack as Cellini tries to retrieve the lost power sword)

Ws|bs| s | t|w|I|a|ld |sv 

7 | 3 | 5 |4|3|6|4|10|3+

In my opinion the second sword doesn't really make a difference in concerns to CC because he would get +1 attack anyway if had a pistol and would still get the benfits of the sword.

As mentioned if you make the thrown blade work like a Plasma Pistol then the charge would be basically the same as a Power Sword and a Plasma Pistol for a Character i.e. 30 points for both. An alternative is to make it more like an infernus pistol attack instead at 6" S8 AP1.

As for the stats I think the Balistic skill is too low and really needs to be 4, perhaps even 5.

The S5 is a bit bigger than normal but if you add the points on somehow and if you can agree with your friends then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I would say give him a bonus like rerolls to hit to show benefit of the 2 swords.

I'm not sure its a good idea to create a special character and give him significantly better stats (such as the Strength 5, a marine should not be strenght 5).

Perhaps make his swords some special relic that always hits at strength 5 (like Corbulo's sword).

Usually marines are not strength 5 but in some rare cases they are and its special characters when this happens. Mephiston is S6 & the Sanguinor is S5. I agree its rarethough and heck even Marneus Calgar is only S4 base.

• 1 month later...

thanks for your input guys ive modified the profile for cellini

COMMANDER SIGISMONDO CELLINI

[Ws 7] [bs 4] [s 4(5)] [T 4] [W 3] [i 6] [A 4] [Ld 10] [sv 3]

SPECIAL RULES

blades of fury- commander cellini is so well versed in close quarter combat that he chooses to weild two power swords in battle. Slicing through enemies with a speed and precision never before seen.

If commander cellini has both swords his attacks hit at wih strength 5 instead of the usual 4

Throwing sword- before launching an attack you may choose to throw a power sword at the enemy. If the sword hits cellini will run forth yanking the sword out of the enemy and slicing apart as normal. If however he misses he will have to fight with only one sword until he retrieves the other at the end of the combat phase.

To see if cellinis throw hits roll to hit as if shooting if the blade hits the enemy will lose one wound with no saves allowed. If he fails cellini will lose one attack plus the attack from having dual wielded weapons resulting in a total loss of two attacks.

Archived