Non Justaerin terminators?

Talthus

I have a simple question that sort of just happened to pop in to my head. Did the Luna Wolves/ Sons of Horus have terminators that weren't a part of Abaddon's Justaerin? Yah know, painted in regular legion colors and such? Just curious, and as far as I know it is never definitively stated in the novels...

Thanks in advance!

I have a simple question that sort of just happened to pop in to my head. Did the Luna Wolves/ Sons of Horus have terminators that weren't a part of Abaddon's Justaerin? Yah know, painted in regular legion colors and such? Just curious, and as far as I know it is never definitively stated in the novels...

Thanks in advance!

Yes, during the assault on the Whisperheads there was a squad accompanying Loken. To my knowledge some of the companies had their own terminators, but the justaerian specifically were just a squad; all other terminators (in the first company or not) were painted in normal legion colours.

most legions used terminator armor like WWI tanks were used. single squads to support meq or armors of leaders/bodyguard.

It was late in the crusade when AL got the idea that maybe it would be good to use terminators in mass own formations outside of boarding actions .

most legions used terminator armor like WWI tanks were used. single squads to support meq or armors of leaders/bodyguard.

It was late in the crusade when AL got the idea that maybe it would be good to use terminators in mass own formations outside of boarding actions .

AL? As in Alpha Legion? Where is this from? :tu:

• 2 weeks later...
I'd thought the Justaerin was the term for all Sons of Horus Terminators. It certainly seems that way, given that the Justaerin are still around 10,000 years later, as they're seen in Soul Hunter.

No sir, just a squad, at least pre-heresy to mid-heresy-ish. Per example, the squad of terminators that were attached to Loken's Company during the Whisperheads Incident were notwJustaerin.

Mecharius is correct, the Justaetrin was just a single squad, although the most notable of course.

The only thing I would have to say in opposition, is I believe it was mentioned that all of the first company had black power armour, as mentioned in the beginning of Horus Rising. (can't confirm because I'm not at home with my book right now) I believe it is also confirmed by the description of the reaver captain and his squad, who are also mentioned to be in black armour.

Mecharius is correct, the Justaetrin was just a single squad, although the most notable of course.

The only thing I would have to say in opposition, is I believe it was mentioned that all of the first company had black power armour, as mentioned in the beginning of Horus Rising. (can't confirm because I'm not at home with my book right now) I believe it is also confirmed by the description of the reaver captain and his squad, who are also mentioned to be in black armour.

I personally believe it is just Katulan Reaver Squad and the Justaerin, as they are the elites, within an elite (first company), within an elite (luna wolves), but I am also at a lack for the book since it's at home (college is almost done, so I'll be going back to my preciouses soon! ;)).

EDIT: And Abbadon of course :cuss

Archived