helping a wolf player gear up for a tourney

Demoulius

hello guys.

a friend at my local GW is asking me to help him gear up for a tourney. there are hardly any blood angels players (im pretty much the only one he knows) and hed like to play a 1750 pts game to get to know the army abit more.

thing is, my lists are anything but tourney lists ;) whilst i could play against im i doubt id be giving him much advice or pointers on what to look out for...

he on the other hand runs a cookie cutter wolf list. he runs grey hunters with wolf priests with as many JOTTWF as he can. a unit of long fangs with lascannon razor with 4 (or 5?) ML's. a few thundercav and a riffle dread or 2...

i pretty much got a full battle company, units of veterans, 3 or so dreads and some (baal) predators.

what are the things that generally every tourney list has? Mephiston is the only thing I can really think off :D then either assault marines either mech or jumpy and/or sanguinary guard (which i also dont have)

proxying shouldnt be a problem but what things should i take so he knows what to (realisticly) gear up for?

Most tournies will have "ye ol razor spam" and a "Dante Wing" list of some kind.

Cliched BA lists can usually fall into :

Fullmech Razor Spam

Dante (nipple) Wing

Full DoA

and then Hybrid

Hybrid is the toughest to account for cause it can mean anything.

DoA and Dante Wing are easier since they have required elements and those elements lend themselves to sertain builds.

Take a look at the efficiency thread on page 3 I think- you'll see a good example of a razorspam list that some people like to take to tournaments.

Also, take a look at Gaganius's adepticon list from last year (only BA to make it to top 16).

thanks for the reply man :)

I took a look at the list you mentioned and tbh i dont really think i can play that :) not model wise but gaming wise...

id have no idea what to do :P

Guess il just stick to my own lists... I warned him that i dont run a particularly "tourny" list so he knows my list wont represent that anyway :D

Archived