Snejk's Obliterators

Snejk

I just began converting some chaos terminators into Chaos Obliterators, using some green stuff, weapons and heads from loyalist marines, IG and CSM sprues, and in my bit box i found some odd looking plasma weapons that i don't know where they come from, but in my opinion looks good on an Obliterator.

I'm not a very skilled green stuff sculptor and i lack in tools (using toothpicks, fingernails and a nail scissor to make the green stuff look "fleshy". I'm pretty satisfied so far. But i'm not sure how many weapons i should cram on them. I prefer showing maybe two or three diffrent weapons, and leave some for the imagination. And i only use energy based weapons, lasers, plasmas, flamers etc.

gallery_60645_6711_632737.jpg

gallery_60645_6711_561760.jpg

That looks pretty cool. The fact you have no proper sculpting tools really hasn't stopped you getting a rather good fleshy look with the GS.

Hope to see some more!

Looks good so far, where's the plasmacannon thing on the right arm from? I don't recognise it

I don't know where it comes from. I found two in my bits box and I have no idea where they have come from. Years ago I bought a plastic bag with chaos bits and minis and I think that they were in that bag, but I have never been able to figure out where those particular cannons come from. My guess is some old, old, old obliterator or terminator model.

here is a minor update on the obliterators.

I have assembled all four of them now with some various energy based weaponry.

I'm very happy with how the Las cannon armed one looks. I just took a basic IG las Cannon, cut the muzzle off and replaced that with a Chaos Gargoyle head and added a Flamer.

I have began painting them, but my mobile camera combined with bad lightning does not do them justice.

I primed them black. Coated them in Tin Bits, dry brushed with Boltgun metal and washed them with watered down Chaos Black.

So far so good.

gallery_60645_6711_677296.jpg

These all look great, and I think I can clear up the mystery of that first guy's gun - if my memory serves, it's not a plasma gun at all but a Kai gun, which was an old daemon weapon option for chaos lords & princes back in the days of the previous (3rd ed.) codex. There's no picture on the GW site anymore, but I'm pretty sure you get it as a second weapon option (along with a left-handed lightning claw) for this guy., who was released with the Cities of Death expansion.

Can't wait to see these guys get painted!

Those are some really cool oblits man.

As far as the old school plasma cannon arm goes, I'm pretty much positive it's the one from the "older" terminator lord model (now on GW's site called termy lord 2). It's not in the picture but I remember it used to (maybe still does) come with that set. Anyways, awesome oblits!

Still some more progress. The flesh is painted but became a bit dark. I used Tallarn Flesh as a base, gave it a devlan Mud wash and high lighted with a Skull White/Tallarn Mix.

The eyes and Plasma coil ans other "blue" stuff is Ice Blue, Azuremen Blue wash, a new layer of Ice Blue and some white.

Now i'm thinking of how to procede with the armour. I like the worn down metall look, and I'll probably just use some Bronze or Brass on the trimming and other details. I'm also contemplating if i should paint some sort of legion markin on them. Normaly I play Alpha Legion, but this Obliterator cult isn't a part of the original AL, but rather "mercs" picked up somewhere in the galaxy.

here are some pics of each one of them.

gallery_60645_6711_558122.jpg

gallery_60645_6711_770944.jpg

gallery_60645_6711_664812.jpg

gallery_60645_6711_405396.jpg

Thank you for the kind responses!

I'll be adding the finished Obliterators soon. I still need to base them and do some finishing touches.

For the marks, I wouldn't do a Legion marking for the Oblits. I would think of the Oblit cults the same way I think of the Raptor cults: Oblit first, cult second, Legion/Chapter/Affiliated warband third.

So maybe some sort of symbol that shows their uniqueness to the cult. Or maybe even their specific cult. Like maybe the half-cog skull but with a daemon's skull instead of a humans. Or maybe some variation on the infinity symbol.

And from the depths of the Warp the death bringing Obliterators emerge. Infected with the obliterator virus, twisted and enclosed in their mutated armour they kill, maim and destroy their Imperial enemy, and anyone else who stand in their way in obtaining new technology to incorporate in their bodies. A valuable asset to any Chaos Lord worth his name.

I built their bases from Rhino doors and other vehicle parts to add some height to the minis since I don't have the skill to true scale anything yet. All in all must say i'm pretty satisfied with the result. Allthough i should have painted the Rhino doors and hatches before i glued the mini on. Had i done so i could have added a nice Ultra Marine sign to them. Ohh well, maybe next time. And perhaps I should drill muzzle holes.

gallery_60645_6711_716112.jpg

gallery_60645_6711_540424.jpg

gallery_60645_6711_812642.jpg

gallery_60645_6711_493650.jpg

nice and menacing ,noticed a couple mould lines which slightly distract from great conversions

Yes, I could have been more carefull when I built them. I tend to become a bit sloppy because I want to finish the minis, and just want them "Table Top Ready".

Archived