Attaching tech marine to scouts?

I thought MoTF was the only one who could bolster defenses? But it didn't have to be where he was. It could be any defenses.

MotF, normal Techmarines, TFC Techmarines and Captain Lysander all have bolster defences.

Also I believe the the TFC techies don't have that ability til the cannon gets destroyed. I know they lose something til they're on their own.

Nonono, they have it. They don't have Independent Character and the repair ability until the Cannon goes away.

Point of order - they have those rules, but there is no way they can use them surely???

Which? Bolster Defenses?

The Techmarine that is part of the "Thunderfire Cannon" unit absolutely CAN use his Bolster Defenses ability. There is no prerequisite for its use beyond declaring it at the beginning of the game, and selection of a ruin in your own deployment zone.

The techmarine does possess the Independent Character and Blessing of the Omnissiah rules, but as the codex states, he cannot utlize them until the Thunderfire Cannon has been destroyed (and assuming the Techmairne survives said destruction).

Point of order - they have those rules, but there is no way they can use them surely???

Which? Bolster Defenses?

The Techmarine that is part of the "Thunderfire Cannon" unit absolutely CAN use his Bolster Defenses ability. There is no prerequisite for its use beyond declaring it at the beginning of the game, and selection of a ruin in your own deployment zone.

The techmarine does possess the Independent Character and Blessing of the Omnissiah rules, but as the codex states, he cannot utlize them until the Thunderfire Cannon has been destroyed (and assuming the Techmairne survives said destruction).

It can also happen that the Techmarine dies and the thunderfire cannons survives due to Artillery ruling. Makes me wonder if another Techmarine (any kind) can take control of that thunderfire cannon.

Which? Bolster Defenses?

It can also happen that the Techmarine dies and the thunderfire cannons survives due to Artillery ruling. Makes me wonder if another Techmarine (any kind) can take control of that thunderfire cannon.

Artillery pieces that lose their crew are immediately removed from play, so there'll be no gun for another techmarine to fire. Even if you join a Techmarine to the unit (so it contains a Thunderfire Cannon, one Techmarine Gunner, and one Elite-slot Techmarine IC), the Elite Techmarine cannot fire the gun according to the Artillery rules.

Archived