Loyal Death Guard

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! I got 10 more on the way with more FW helmets to go with them.

I think I found a way to control my model ADD. For each 30 Death Guard I make ill give them a platoon leader. That way I get some variety in there. With that my 1st section will be made up of veterans in Mk III and MkIV armor lead by my senior Chaplain. My chappies will all be armed with power scythes and more than likely be the ones that lead each element. Good, bad, dumb idea? Ill let it play out and see what I have after a bit.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc381/Death_Guard_Trooper/Untitled.jpg

Of course this guy gets to be top Chaplin for me. Ive put in some time taking off the bull on his chest and needs some more work before put him together anymore.

I ditched the assault packs on these guys becuase the mk IV on them is cleaner compared to the other version FW has. Ill add them to squads for my jump infantry later on.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc381/Death_Guard_Trooper/Untitled-1.jpg

They came missing a whole gate of shoulder pads, so ill either wait for a reply on those or firgure something out. I have 20 in total in MK IV and 10 in MK III with Umbra Ferrox type bolters.

Heh, awesome! To bad FL is a ways away from ID. Going back through yours defiantly look familiar, though I'm not at that level of detail myself yet, or ever. I just got moved into the new place here so should be up and back running in a few days. I also took the time and money sad.gif ($400) into what I think to complete my core army. I want to hold the Eaters down to just 30 or so and continue to keep My Death Guard at a few companies. Maybe a squad of Alpha Legion for an Intel slice as spec ops, which will turn into me buying some guard troops for them. God this is never ending isn't it?

True and the fact im only in the states rarely. :) but if you ever go to a large event during the summer it would be awesome to team up even if totally unlikely. :)

Anyway, your squads look to me like a nice even mix of armor mk. I just got 20 of the MK IV assault armor to use without the sleek jumpacks and I have a full 10 man already of the iron armor. With those guys ill defiantly have a special character to lead them. Garro will defiantly have to be in the works, although he will be one of my last since I want him to look the best. And of course a Mortorain even though he is a traitorous douche canoe, he still rocks regardless of how much sense it makes with my army. I got a Enkomi from FW for this purpose, lets see what I can do with him, he would look badass with a scythe I think.

If yo uwant a none Garro hq. read through a few of the beginning HH books. There are plenty of Characters to use and they dont all have to be DG sense your adding in other legion elements. :teehee:

True, alot of the good ones were wiped out on the loyal side though. Ill keep looking though, for now here is my Lead Chaplain WIP

A loyalist deathguard army would either have to be A. crusade era or B. sometime right before or during Ist 3. After that there are not many except those that left with Garro.

Of course if some Iron warriors would rebel against their primarch no reason why that couldn't be true for your army too.

I love the paint job but i hate that model. Are you dry brushing on your highlights?

A loyalist deathguard army would either have to be A. crusade era or B. sometime right before or during Ist 3. After that there are not many except those that left with Garro.

Of course if some Iron warriors would rebel against their primarch no reason why that couldn't be true for your army too.

I love the paint job but i hate that model. Are you dry brushing on your highlights?

Once im done I think I should be flexible enough to roll in either direction to include Dornanian Heresy. Although highly unlikely of course I'm still rolling with current timeframe Task Force. Like you said not everyone agreed with where their Primarchs loyalties laid, even easier when you’re not serving directly under them. Garro had a Company minus of DG with him. There was also a large group of every chapter present as the Crusader Host. The Thousand Son only took those that would turn on the Imperium in my point of view leaving something near another 80? I know he mentions the number that wouldn’t be useful to him. So it leave room for a whole contingent to fly under the radar under the I banner for me.

Thanks! The model is defiantly more difficult then I first though, the textured armor probly looks awesome for the metallic color it was intended. Not so much for me. Replaced the Aquila flyswatter with a scythe so we will see how it looks. Next one should be a complete pic.

Gosh darn impressive work so far! I may have to "borrow" some of your ideas if that's ok

The chaplain is just plain epic...

Heck yea, defiantly like to see more takes on him for sure. I’m hoping I can get him to look good enough to lead the veteran troops. Has more color and bling than them so at least he'll look the part.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc381/Death_Guard_Trooper/Untitled-3.jpg

• 1 year later...

Ok, so after some stuff on the family front and a move or two I am ready to get going again.  With the new Death Guard goodies that have come out I can do some Heresy Era type stuff and not just the Loyal Dorn Heresy ones I had planned out. 

My plan is too knock out a Death Guard Century and some other goodies and see where I stand.  I need to redo all the stuff I previously posted as well with the new Legion markings I now have. 

Updates to come here tonight once I can get everything in order and rocking picture wise.

Archived