Honor Guard wargear clarification

Zynk Kaladin

Does this mean I can take a meltagun and flamer on a single Honor Guard? For example, the meltagun replaces the chainsword and the flamer replaces the bolt pistol. The Honor Guard wargear states that each have:

-a boltgun or bolt pistol

-a chainsword

Under options it says "Any Honor Guard can replace his boltgun, chainsword, and/or bolt pistol with:" so I'm pretty sure I can do this.

I'm thinking of making an HQ unit that compliments my 3x10 RAS(PF, x2 melta) and x3 MM attack bikes:

1 Dante

1 Sanguinary Novitiate

1 Honor Guard( melta/flamer )

1 Honor Guard( flamer )

2 Honor Guard( melta )

thanks!

I would say, without having the codex here now for wording, that it works. However, you would have to choose what you would like to fire. If the wording says they may exchange pistol or chainsword for the following... Then it should work. And seeing that a chaos marine carries a bolter, bolt pistol and chainsword I don't see where the problem is with your squad member carrying a melter and flamer. 2*1 hand and 1*2hand. or 2*2 hand is the same amount of hands needed. I'd need the codex for a clear answer though, I'll have a look tomorrow. Aswell as looking at the main rulebook.

Archived