Lamenters

Next person who asks if I am delivering greasy pizza in rhinos will get an Alpha Level mind purging.

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee375/Ah-a-nothepsis/DSC00864.jpg

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee375/Ah-a-nothepsis/DSC00863.jpg

http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee375/Ah-a-nothepsis/DSC00862.jpg

Next person who asks if I am delivering greasy pizza in rhinos will get an Alpha Level mind purging.

Somehow that makes me want to ask even more.

On the side note, great job with the checkers and the yellow.

Does this little project explain why we haven't seen you in ages?

ah ha so this is the new army!!

so what are the colors were seeing at this stage? is that simply a wash over white...or added colors?

looking great so far, checker patterns are difficult so 2X :P for that one.

cheers Mithril

Good stuff going on here! If I were to ever betray Perturabo or the Warmaster's glorious vision then I would go Lamenters, so I always check in on Lamenters WIP whenever I see them. I love yellow, and I love black and white checks, and you've done both well here. The detailing on the Rhinos is especially ambitious! I really like the newer Blood Angels models, too, so I'm positive I will dabble with loyalty to the Corpse God at some point.

The yellow is with the new C. Yellow shade over a white basecoat.

The vehicles are army-painter daemonic yellow spray paint, since I didnt want to use wash on the vehicles and have them pool up on the flat areas. In person, they look the same.

What sorcery is this that you can wash a whole infantry army to get yellow now O.o

Thanks for all the comments.

The vehicles are army-painter daemonic yellow spray paint, since I didnt want to use wash on the vehicles and have them pool up on the flat areas. In person, they look the same.

What sorcery is this that you can wash a whole infantry army to get yellow now O.o

Thanks for all the comments.

And it shades that well over just a plain white basecoat? Wow, that's actually really impressive. GW, you've actually impressed me. These lads look great. Really liking the freehand on the banner; the back banner is particularly nice.

;)

I...I think I just heard every single alive Imperial Fist player screaming in disturbing ecstasy.

Painting Yellow is the reason why I didn't take up Imperial Fists or the Lamenters. I hate painting Yellow :(

If one can get a yellow that good with just a wash, I may have to seriously reconsider what army I start making. I may actually abandon my DIY and go with either of them!

Love the freehand stuff! :)

thanks for the reply "Ah-a",

you said in an earlier post somewhere :lol: that you were going to highlight them with the flashgitz yellow...did you do that or just do the wash over white technique...

yes,this shows that it has really opened the door for more yellow armies to be painted to good standards with little fuss.

these new paints can only be a good thing for that reason alone.look forward to more updates flower girl :D

cheers,Mithril

The pictures above have no flashgitz yellow on the power armor miniatures- brilliant coloration.

They are pretty bright because if you let the yellow wash pool, it almost looks like griffon sepia wash in the recesses and that's just unacceptable ;)

Archived