The Arundax System

EffritHydra

Hey there

@Doghouse; Thanks for the comments mate, really inspired by alot of your work so it's awesome to receive a comment from you

@Brothersyth; Thanks for the comments

@Grotsmasha; Hah now that you point it out..

Well I have been slowly progressing with the army. Been busy building the second half of the tactical squad and the last 2 members of the command squad. I've also done a bit of work on the contemptor dread and worked on the captain for the army. I've taken some photographs at each stage of the building to give a better idea of how i've been truescaling my marines. Here are a few photo's of progress;

gallery_65357_6850_1207405.jpg

gallery_65357_6850_1597476.jpg

I pin each of the feet to the legs once the plasticard has been inserted to lengthen the legs. I then fill the gaps inbetween the feet and legs with greenstuff. Up next are a few WIP pics of the contemptor. As it stands he is pretty much finished but the ccw arm I bought when I was at Nottingham had the correct arm and gun pieces but the finger bits that are supposed to be in there wern't! Instead I had the claws from the dreadfire close combat arm but everything else was contemptor so I have to email them this weekend. Anyway more pics;

gallery_65357_6850_1304783.jpg

gallery_65357_6850_36242.jpg

The start of the captain;

gallery_65357_6850_1270495.jpg

And after some work today here are some up to date shots of how the tactical squad and the rest of the command squad are looking;

gallery_65357_6850_667363.jpg

gallery_65357_6850_939078.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Quick update, still waiting on FW to reply so I can finish my contemptor, Tactical squad is fully built so now the only thing left to build of everything I have bought is 5 more marines from the battlebox which will be getting built as Sternguard. I also bought a gray knights normal squad box which i'll be using to make Tylos Rubio, Garviel Loken, Garro and Mesa varren but I don't know if i'll manage to finish any of these before I have to pack everything up and send it home. I won't be buying anything else while i'm here now, only have 4 weeks until I go back to Australia. Going to focus on painting now and improving my painting and also finish building the captain. As for the captain he will have a praetor pattern helmet, here is a picture of one that I have sculpted;

gallery_65357_6850_152034.jpg

gallery_65357_6850_16834.jpg

Looking for some C&C on this as I think I may have a go at a few more, pleased with this one as a first try but don't think i'm 100% on using it for the captain, from pictures i've looked at I feel as though the eyes should maybe be close together. I may also add a spartan crest on the top and carry over a little of the roman theme that many ultramarines have. As always C&C welcome

Thanks

Hi fella,

Looking forward to seeing how this project log progresses, some really nice conversions and a great colour scheme!

I still can't really believe that my Captain finished ahead of your Champion in the painting contest, it's such a superb conversion and the freehand is some of the best I've ever seen.

The bit that was really amazing to me though was the flesh tones you achieved on the head, do you mind if I ask how you did them?

WotF

Hello!

@WotF; Hey there mate, was a very good competition with some good stuff in there. I liked the battle damage you did on your captain and i'll be adding battle damage to my Novamarines but not until they are all painted lol. I normally take notes when I paint so I can see what to improve or what paints and techniques i've used. Here is what I have written for doing tanned faces like on the company champion;

1. Basecoat Dwarf Flesh

2. Wash using Reikland flesh shade. Then use Agrax Earthshade to the deepest recesses of the skin.

3. Re-highlight using Dwarf Flesh. Then apply a highlight of Kislev Flesh.

4. Highlight the skin using a mixture of Kislev Flesh and Skull white picking out the highest raised areas.

That's the basics of it, I did alot of blending inbetween too so it's more than just 4 layers heh. I noticed from your Blog that you are moving to Australia! I live in Canberra and head back there in June, got about 4 more weeks left in Manchester. Let me say welcome to Australia!!

@eetdestroyer; Yeah I thought the eyes were to far apart so i'm going to sculpt another this week. Aiming to get one looking like a praetor helm.

Well off to do some painting!

Archived