Chaos Chosen Marines

KoRny Kenny

With my battleforce arriving early next week. I was considering converting 5 of the Chaos Space Marines into Chosen Marines. That way I'd have the compulsory two troops in my 8x Berzerkers and my 10x Chaos Space Marines along with two Elite squads in the form of the Possessed Marines and the Chosen.

But I was wondering if this was a good idea as opposed to just having two sqauds of 8x and 7x CSM.

Anyone had good/bad experiences with Chosen? I know they're not THAT different from CSM but I figured it'd be worth asking since I could really make them stand out with some conversion work.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

My buddy runs a squad of chosen with plasmaguns in a rhino that outflanks. It is pretty good in most games. If I were to play chaos I would consider something like that. They seem like the Chaos version of sternguard so I would equip them that way.

-Myst

I run three melta, two flamer in an outflanking rhino.

The only real competition in the Elites slot at the moment is termicide (3 termies, 3 combi-meltas).

But a lot of contemporary builds favour the addition of more obliterators.

By the way Chosen champ is cheaper (28) than a regular CSM champ (30), so worth considering if a Greater Summoned Demon is in your list.

Cheers, Paul.

They are worth it depending on what role you assign. I run a 3 plas/2 melta pair a lot. You can get the same with Havocs at cheaper costs but without same morale and of course outflanking. Chosen are the most versitile in how they are equipped. But they are not a 'must' in most games.

Archived