fyurian

general view (launcher is magnetized)

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/869/contemptor2.jpg

best pic to show the barrels, claw and terrain influence

http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4565/contemptor4.jpg

leave comments on how to improve my work

tips & advice are also always welcome

grtz fyurian

That red is just not working for me. The whole thing seems a bit bright, maybe try some washes to make it darker and nastier. The Iron Warriors are not big fans of bright colors other than yellow.

I second that. It just doesn't feel nasty enough for me. If you will its a bit "old skool Eavy Metal" red, which isn't nice. Maybe try a wash or glaze to bring it back down!

I like him! ^_^ The posing is good, and your glowing effects on the lenses and hand are very cool.

Are you going for a red-hot effect on the barrels, or are they supposed to just be painted red? If you're shooting for the former, I would suggest bringing the metal out further onto the barrels and then add a black stage between the reds and the metal. Then, just hit the ends of the barrels with a nice yellow/white and you've got sizzling steel. :)

Looks a bit too clean and loyalist. Kinda like you ripped a cyclone launcher, aquila, and assault cannon right from the loyalist codex to put on your non-insane Iron warrior dread.

It needs more bits. Maybe not spikes, but deffinately more skulls, a chaos smoke launcher, and chains. You need to make the assault cannon look like it is demonicly powered, maybe a chaos shreaking barrel they put at the end of guns/lascannons.

You'll have a hard time pulling off the Iron warrior look with an intact double headed eagle on its chest. Would you consider carving it up, shaving it off, or replaceing it with a chaos symbol?

3041655[/url]']

Looks a bit too clean and loyalist. Kinda like you ripped a cyclone launcher, aquila, and assault cannon right from the loyalist codex to put on your non-insane Iron warrior dread.

It needs more bits. Maybe not spikes, but deffinately more skulls, a chaos smoke launcher, and chains. You need to make the assault cannon look like it is demonicly powered, maybe a chaos shreaking barrel they put at the end of guns/lascannons.

You'll have a hard time pulling off the Iron warrior look with an intact double headed eagle on its chest. Would you consider carving it up, shaving it off, or replaceing it with a chaos symbol?

Pretty sure this is intended to be pre-heresy.

I like the work that you've done, but I agree that the big, flat iron surfaces are a little plain, and the red does stand out a little too starkly.

Personally, I would consider adding more hazard stripes, as well as an Iron Warriors symbol, or perhaps some equipment or satchels or some such (with the Iron Warriors being pragmatist siege experts, I could see the dreadnoughts being enlisted to act as transport for important equipment in situations where they were under fire). Basically, I think it would benefit from looking a little more industrial and rough.

Archived