BA termies and how do you support them?

BloodTzar

5 + Termie Libby(Rage, sword), reg chaplain and corbs in crusader with MM and EA, 850 points.

This just reinforces that trying to deathstar assault terminators in ravens or raiders isn't a good idea. All those points and for what? Don't need to spend that much on killing regular units and you're not going to shift any other deathstar. With a bunch of 1W models every failed save is going to take huge chunks out of your damage output. Way to pricey to justify being used as a diversion.

Not really utilising the delivery vehicle itself either.

Not a fan personally of rock lists either, just saying if you are going to rock termies, that is how. sorry , 6 termies fit the crusader.

The challenge for play with all rock lists is making the rock meaningful and game winning. whether area denial or just playing the trump at the right point or forcing the decisive multiassault.

Oh and if I was to aim for the most competitive list involving some sort of BA rock, it would be 10 termies on foot, bugger the LR or SR

Oh and if I was to aim for the most competitive list involving some sort of BA rock, it would be 10 termies on foot, bugger the LR or SR

Agreed. I think people fixate too much on delivery by raven or raider. How many beacons or homers can you get for 200+ pts? The answer is a whole lot.

Plasma is uncommon? Not around here.

'Uncommon' is a vague term.

There's plasma here and there, yes. Outright spam like we see with missiles, autoncannons, and melta? Not so much.

I use a Lib with Unleash rage and Sanguine Sword. With the upgrade and TDA/Ss hes 195 points but totally worth it. I then split 3 LC termies and 2 thunderhammer guys. So far I have blasted through 5 Paladins no problem as well as a guard blob squad. The LC reroll to hit and wound, the wounds go on the thunder hammers and the Libby is str 10. Its deadly.

I have found that I can dish out the most out of them, while using 4TH/SS 1LC, Rec, Corbulo . I use SR as delivery system. Yeah its a bit pricey, however its very durable , moreover 3 striking I's makes them very good against certain units. Evenmore they are able to strike before most of the suff or at least at same I.

Agreed. I think people fixate too much on delivery by raven or raider. How many beacons or homers can you get for 200+ pts? The answer is a whole lot.

I think that too.

I got 7 assault termies with 6 hammers & shields and srgt has lightning claws. I just recently finished terminator priest making my unit now 8 strong. Only suitable transportation is Landraider Crusader but I already have teleporter beacon model and 2 scout bikes so I really think do I need Land Raider for my termies or do I just want it? I would get termies as fast in game just buying 3rd scout bike and use turboboost and cxover saves to keep my bikes alive till I can teleport my termies close to my bikes. That saves about 125 points but takes up one fast attack slot compeared to Landraider..

Main problem with comming from reserves, is that BA do not have anything that can help you to bring them on, when you need them. There is 50% chance they MIGHT come, evenmore they are charging as soon as T3. On the other hand while using SR/LR you can charge T2 no matter what....

Main problem with comming from reserves, is that BA do not have anything that can help you to bring them on, when you need them. There is 50% chance they MIGHT come, evenmore they are charging as soon as T3. On the other hand while using SR/LR you can charge T2 no matter what....

Unless you get shot down, the enemy is quick enough to outrun you, or you get screwed over by deployment...

There's always the option of taking two units, starting them on the board, and make the reserve roll for the termies first so you can decide if you want to make use of your DoA re-rolls or not.

In many cases I don't have a problem with the terminators arriving a bit later.

Because DoA tends to go for the flanks the enemy usually has trouble bringing all of his units to bear, so fighting with a few points less (500+ in my case <_< ) is not as severe a handicap as one might first think, if anything if makes them scarier once they arrive. It might even be to your advantage since a less mobile unit (long fangs for example) has spent the first part of the game with no targets at all.

It's pretty useful getting 11 fresh TDA, FNP, bodies on the table and being able to capitalize on any mistakes your opponent has made moving to engage the rest of your force.

I hear what you're saying, in that your main asset that doesn't shoot at all coming onto the board on turn 4 for a turn 5 assault if lucky, is bad.

Ways to get around that;

Start them on the board. Two out of three times the rulebook deployment dictates you're looking at a 24" no mans land. Two out of three times the rulebook mission dictates not hiding your army in the corner. Deploying forward just over 12" from the middle, 9", 9", 12" T3 assault or the opponent is playing just the corners and back 6" of his side, and you've completely squeezed out his board control.

Dawn of war's different, but then Dawn of War is essentially a shortened game because it drops a meaningful first turn. Termies in reserve there, if you hit the 4+ req you're effectively in earlier than T2 termies in the other types, and never as late, so reserving has more payoff.

The other option is the Corbulo Slingshot. Burning Corbulo's reroll to bring them on T2 or T3 when you need them and your dice haven't been good to you.

It's somewhat easy to build an army around the slingshot.

Have HQ Chappy and the Termie Rock. Then Tac Marines and Corbs in a droppod. Give both the Drop Pod and the Tac Sarge Locator Beacons. Drop it down first turn, a beacon for the termies second turn.

Either way, Assault Marines spam is the best to back them up.

Archived