Mechanicus / Imperial Cogitator Interface Animation

Headologist

Some of may have seen my last 40k arty stuff, in the form of my Imperial triage documents (here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=250315)

I'm currently working on a 40k animation project, entirely for my own enjoyment. This piece started out as an attempt to do an exposition of some of my fluff in a 1980 Hitch-hiker's Guide style animation. I did that, and may share that later, but this is what started out as the "front end" of it, but is now going to be recycled in an animated short story revolving around the Adeptus Mechanicus I've wanted to do for some time. There will be a lot of Delia Derbyshire inspired music in the soundtrack.

What is below is very much WIP, and is only a very short snippet (and currently has no SFX). I know others may envisage it all working differently, but this was a comprimise in many ways. Hoepfully most of you will like it anyway...

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgbngUR3f6k

Decent stuff, brother. It might look better if the green eye had a similar pigment to the rest of the work, though, as the different green throws the effect. :)

Thanks very much :P yeah I wasn't happy with that, it's a hang over from when I was originally going to do it in a more H2G2 style but made it monochrome half way through lol. It's something I'm going to change in the first proper draft ;)

Thanks for the comments, I can't possibly say what the rest of the animation will be :D I will say it's about the Adeptus Mechanicus though, I know I'm not really giving much away....

Thanks for the suggestion Andrew J, I don't have it but I intentionally wanted to avoid stuff like that and present more of my own view of 16 years in the hobby :angry:

Archived