Dante and descent of angels re-roll from reserve question

Scrogneugneu

Hi guys,

I wonder if Dante's DoA re-roll works if he is kept in reserve with a unit that doesn't use DoA. I wouldn't use DoA rules for deploying (Dante doesn't scatter anyways), but it sure could be useful on the reserve thing... Now that I think of it, I will have a look at the FAQ ! But does anybody knows how it is worked out ?

Thanks !

Hi guys,

I wonder if Dante's DoA re-roll works if he is kept in reserve with a unit that doesn't use DoA. I wouldn't use DoA rules for deploying (Dante doesn't scatter anyways), but it sure could be useful on the reserve thing... Now that I think of it, I will have a look at the FAQ ! But does anybody knows how it is worked out ?

Thanks !

Only units with jump packs have the DoA special rule. Dantes 'tactical precision' rule only works with jump packs. The only thing a character normally confers to a unit is the ability to use his Ld for such stat checks.

So the answer is no.

Ah, no, Decent of Angles has nothing to do with Dante. It is used by units with the rule arriving by Deep Strike and the only units with it are jump pack units. So any unit with in which all figs have jump packs may reroll to come in from reserve if arriving by Deep Strike. If Dante is with the unit then there is no scatter.

Archived