My Custom Librarian

What's the point of opening up a thread without the pictures at hand.

Seriously?

To contribute some useful information concerning the psychic powers you have to tell us a little bit about your army, or at least the squad that accompanies the librarian.

Sorry about not having the pic. Camera not working. I have my army list here.

DC x5

1 Hand Flamer

All have JP

2 Power Fist

AS x5

1 Thunder Hammer

TS x10

1 Plasma Gun

SG x5

All Death Masks

1 Power Fist

1 Inferno Pistol

1 Company Banner

DEATH COMPANY DREADNOUGHT w Blood talons and melta

Librarian Cronus:

Terminator Armor + Combi-Melta

Running him around alone on the board isn't a good idea in my opinion. He is too vulnerabe on his own. But if you do it, at least give him wings of Sanguinius.

For the other power I prefer Str10 or +D3 attacks depending on whether you want him to crack some hard nuts or a lot of guys. (Sorry I'm bad at memorizing the powers by their names)

By the way... Your list is lacking some sort of concept.

Some tips for you:

I'm not the kind of guy who is advising to take things that I like best myself. If you want to keep your stuff that's fine for me.

But I will give you some sort of advice on certain things.

The DC:

From my experience jetpacks aren't a good idea. I run 5 of them in a razorback (+chaplain/reclusiarch) to get them where I want them. They have the rage USR remember? Forced movement/charges aren't a good thing in my book.

I use them as a counter attack unit with 1 or 2 power weapons and a fist.

If you do use the jetpacks at least add Lemartes to the squad. He is a beast and makes them a serious threat.

The assault squad:

5 men assault squads aren't a good idea unless you stick them in a razorback. If you want to use them as jumpers take the full squad of 10 and add some wargear (2 meltas and one fist is very common, but that's up to you). Add a sanguinary priest if you want to maximize their utility and durability.

Does TS stand for tactical squad? If yes, then you posted the wrong costs for them. And why don't you take the free special weapon? I assume you forgot to list it.

I run my tacticals like this (It's unusual but it works for me): I take ten men with Melta/Lascannon plus razorback then I combat squad them. The 5 men with the lascannon camp on an objective and take out light armour, whilst the 5 men in the razorback shoot stuff depending on the weapons I choose for the tank and hop out to melta some light/heavy armour. This way I get the most out of the two special weapons and another vehicle on the board.

No tips for the sanguinary guard, because I haven't used them, but on the paper I think they are good enough even without the pricey banner.

DC dreadnought:

Run him with fists against tanks and other walkers, give him the talons to tear through big mobs of infantry.

In conclusion I have to say that you will have problems against mechanized lists (which are very common) and that your walker won't last long, since most opponents will concentrate their anti vehicle weapons on him, given that he is the only vehicle in your army.

Death Masks are practically useless. Too many high Ld values to be effective. The Chapter Banner is ok, but at 1000pts I don't think I'd include it.

Getting rid of the Death Masks and Chapter Banner pays for over 2/3rds of a Jump Pack Priest to go with them. I'd rather have Furious Charge and Feel No Pain on my SG than +1A and the limited use of the Death Masks.

Death Masks are practically useless. Too many high Ld values to be effective. The Chapter Banner is ok, but at 1000pts I don't think I'd include it.

Getting rid of the Death Masks and Chapter Banner pays for over 2/3rds of a Jump Pack Priest to go with them. I'd rather have Furious Charge and Feel No Pain on my SG than +1A and the limited use of the Death Masks.

The Chapterbanner is probably the best option for SG, together with the Infernus Pistol. They only have 2 attacks base and two-handed weapons so they need any buffs they can get. So Priest + Chapterbanner is the minimum loadout for SG, one IP or two after that won't hurt. In this list though, I'd drop the Powerfist.

The death masks are cool if they work, but most of the time they are a waste of points.

Snorri

The Chapterbanner is probably the best option for SG, together with the Infernus Pistol. They only have 2 attacks base and two-handed weapons so they need any buffs they can get. So Priest + Chapterbanner is the minimum loadout for SG, one IP or two after that won't hurt. In this list though, I'd drop the Powerfist.

The death masks are cool if they work, but most of the time they are a waste of points.

Snorri

Echoing what Snorri said , the chapter banner is an excellent choice for the sanguinary guard, it makes them scarier in combat , the re-roll leadership and pinning check is also pretty handy.

@Brother Calistarius you'll want to edit out the specific points values for units as its prohibited as far as I know.

My new and advanced army list

DC

1 hand flamer

2 power fists

All have jump packs

AS

1 Thunder Hammer

TS

1 Plasma Gun

1 Missile Launcher

SG

1 Power Fist

1 Inferno Pistol

Death Company Dreadnought

Melta and Blood Talons

Librarian Cronus

Terminator Armour + Combi Melta

Epistolary

Sanguine Sword Might of Heroes and Wings of Sanguinius.

Might stick him with the SG because its really annoying when they dont do much damage. Also they can deep strike. Sanguine sword boosts him to a strength 10 and Might of Heroes makes him a massive threat because he might be able to do 7 strength 10 attacks. 3 from MoH, 2 normal, 1 for charging and one for extra weapon. It's kinda scary to face him when he is angry.

I don't get it.

You asked for advice but your "new" list is exactly the same with the exception that your librarian is now an epistolary.

You dropped the banner which seems to be very useful according to some posters, but you kept the fist that Snorri advised against. You still only listed one special weapon in your tactical squad. I assume that your assault squad is still a 5 men squad without a priest and your DC still have JP without the addition of Lemartes.

Seriously.... what's your point?

Sanguine sword boosts him to a strength 10 and Might of Heroes makes him a massive threat because he might be able to do 22 strength 10 attacks. 18 from MoH, 2 normal, 1 for charging and one for extra weapon. It's kinda scary to face him when he is angry.

I just saw this shenanigans. The power gives you D3 extra attacks, which means that you roll once. 1/2 is one attack, 3/4 is two attacks and 5/6 is three attacks. That's a maximum of 3 extra attacks. It's not like you are rolling 3 dice and sum up the outcome (I assume you did that because 3x 6 is 18). That would be insanely overpowered.

I am completely new to warhammer, have little money so please, give me a break. I am going for 1,000 points for now and i will make it bigger when i have enough cash. Thanks Kardion for telling me about the MoH, as i said i am new so i need all the help i can get.

You're welcome. Keep also in mind that you can only use 2 psychic powers a player turn (when fielding the epistolary). So if you use the wings to keep up with the sanguinary guard you have to decide between sanguine sword and might of heroes in the assault phase of your turn. In the opponents turns you then may use both of them.

Archived