Blood angels assault Terminators

psychodough

Hello new to the forum, reading for few weeks great stuff found here, and some truly amazing paint jobs art truly.

*found some info that answer my questions.*

Assault Terminators with thunder hammers vs Vanguard Vets vs Sang guard, i like to play a jump army so i like the speed of the latter two but the terms are harder to kill and hit like mac trucks. But to out fit the VV or the SG you need a ton of points to spare, are they worth the points vs the term's ? I've only played two games so i don't have the experience with them yet and the term speed have gotten them into trouble getting charged by multiple units and buried in wounds to roll. I think that speed might get me into better position to charge my opponent better. thoughts?

But to out fit the VV or the SG you need a ton of points to spare, are they worth the points vs the term's ?

No you dont... Sang guard are 200pts and all come with MC Power weapons and Angelus Bolters, Assault termies are 200 pts and all come with pair of LC's. if you want a couple of Thunder Hammers in the termie squad then you can afford the poitns for a power fist in the Sang guard squad. You can leave them at that if you want, though most people would suggest at least 1 Infernus pistol... You dont need to tool them up massively in order for them to do their job, and if you are tooling them up with loads of points them you're probably using them for the wrong things...

Welcome on the BA forum, brother. It's my personal opinion that current 40k favors high speed and ability to quickly redeploy units. In my gaming I normally use jumppacks and/or fast vehicles. Thus i favor VV. I haven't got any sang guard so haven't tried them out yet. There is currently a terminator specific thread with good input about tactical terminators.

Other great advice can be found in the sticky thread: BA resource thread.

Right now I'm playing 1500 points with a friend vs his space wolf.

This is the new list i came up with but i think i want to use less drop pods DoA and start with more on the table but need to play with more cover i think he'll eat me alive in the open.

Mephiston

5x assault terminators with hammer / shields (teleport)

Furioso dreadnought grapple extra armor and drop pod

2x sang priest jump pack power weapon

6x death company + Lemartes ,thunder hammer in drop pod

10xAssault squad 2melta powerfist plasma pistol DoA

10x tactical squad 1plasma gun 1plasma cannon combi-melta in drop pod

I think i want more speed to replace the assault terminators and replace the Death company with the VV if i could. I've been drop poding and DoA so i come in over time and i get surrounded and hammered on with heavy weapons and lighting from rune priests. but i did win the last time but only becuase his thunder wolves came in on turn 4 and my death company was right there to get the charge and cleaned them out in the first wave, that was SO amazing!

I've started to read that sticky thread: BA resource. Its got a ton of good info thanks for the heads up.

Archived