Maps

Marshal Rohr

That's pretty neat - it's a very nice map with a cool nebula effect for the EoT. But I'll echo Ecritter's concerns on the clarity of the planet names (although I can make out the words) - I think they need to be made bolder and perhaps a slightly larger font size to rectify the issue. <_<

Im having a really hard time trying to replicate the forge world maps.

I wanted to do one for the famous sectors of 40K. Scarus, Gothic, Cadia, Armageddon. The problem arrises when places like Scarus have two maps with different planets, Armageddon has the stars too close together, and Cadia has two planets.

Also, I cant add in the nebula images from the web to add some authenticity because I can get them to blend right.

The Goal is to have them as pretty as the Forge World Maps, but I cant get it right :) .

As for a tutorial, this picture took about 9 hours, seven different website tutorials, 3 hours worth of youtube videos, and all the time I spent going through space pictures on the web. The simplest way would be too play with the renders and sparks tool in GIMP, use HSV noise for stars, free select to clear space, and color balance on multiple layers to blend the clusters.

Archived