Renegade Warband

AmCjkh

Hey B&C,

It's been ages since I've done anything 40k related, I last played at the end of 3rd edition and everything's been collecting dust since, but I'm back at it now with a fresh eye. I'm starting a Chaos renegade chapter of sorts, I see them as originally techno/xenos heretics from using too much alien tech after long campaigns in alien space working with a radical Ordo Xenos inquisitor. Anyway, I intend for them to be a hybrid of Imperial, Chaos, and Xenos influences. Stuff like Khorne Berzerkers represent assault marines using Dark Eldar inspired combat drugs, Plague Marines use wraithbone-infused power armor, etc.

Let's get to the models. I'm mixing leftover marine bits with terminator arms and legs inspired by lots of work I've seen online. I've drawn elements from Doghouse (of course), Lamenter, FrontierPediatry, Dan the Daemon, and others I'm surely forgetting right now. So far I've completed two regular bolter/bolt pistol/close combat weapon marines.

gallery_10792_7161_157272.jpg

gallery_10792_7161_123657.jpg

gallery_10792_7161_9506.jpg

gallery_10792_7161_161903.jpg

And the second guy

gallery_10792_7161_319947.jpg

gallery_10792_7161_357022.jpg

gallery_10792_7161_255373.jpg

gallery_10792_7161_245219.jpg

gallery_10792_7161_49218.jpg

Kudos if anybody can recognize where the shoulder pad icons come from! :lol: I intend for the left to be their original chapter logo, because it looks somewhat loyalist and heroic. It's also intentionally a little bit Tau in style. The right shoulder pad is more on the Chaos side, and it's representative of where the chapter is slowly falling. I use some Imperial iconography in the form of wings but no aquilas. There's a little bit more cleanup to do for these guys but not too much. Comments and criticisms welcome! I'm hoping to one day build up a whole army of these guys, but I probably wont get there until the new Chaos codex comes out, which is probably a good thing if I want to win games <_< .

• 1 month later...

Archived