Return To The Desecration

Hello!

I am Feral, you may of seen my hobby exploits on either Warseer or the Ammobunker before. My latest project is something that's been bubbling on the mind for a while now. A bit of dabbling here, a "that would be cool" there and that's how it came to this.

So to be brief, the Desecration are a motley band of various scum and ne'er-do-wellers in purple-clad. They are scavengers and renegades of various beliefs, factions and dedications to the Runious Powers. Think Chaos Marine pirates and you can't go far wrong.

I have yet to hammer all the fluff out yet (half the fun of the project) so I'll just chuck a load of pictures down and see what the B&C community think;

(These are all heavily WIP by the way!)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vUtLFftfxQs/T5A51oA4YWI/AAAAAAAAAn8/8X2H9iNNZaA/s1600/The%20Desecration%20Squad%20Maccus%20WIP.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-bO7pTWn0tvE/T5A52KwBbQI/AAAAAAAAAoE/EQPE03Xpo_k/s1600/The%20Desecration%20Squad%20Ogilvey%20WIP.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-IyUjAZ2JETk/T5A51eMv68I/AAAAAAAAAn0/L0BzBo0PrUY/s1600/The%20Desecration%20Squad%20Koleniko%20WIP.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-t9ydgVCcbCg/T5A51Qk1KDI/AAAAAAAAAnw/RSFPNM6ttgw/s1600/The%20Desecration%20Raptors%20WIP.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-u7cJH5FXQ1w/T5A501SxUHI/AAAAAAAAAns/r7QnDccEPpI/s1600/The%20Desecration%20Blight%20Drone%20WIP.jpg

The%20Desecration%20Blight%20Drone%20sculpting%20work%20WIP.jpg

The%20Desecration%20sculpting%20work%20WIP.jpg

The%20Desecration%20sculpting%20work%20WIP%20%283%29.jpg

The%20Desecration%20sculpting%20work%20WIP%20%282%29.jpg

The%20Desecration%20sculpting%20work%20WIP%20%281%29.jpg

Finally, some EPIC Desecration for kicks:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-fwdXcI1OEz8/T5A50izWHWI/AAAAAAAAAno/ss42UkfC7OM/s1600/The%20Desecration%20Epic%20WIP.jpg

I also have a summary page on my blog and a lengthy post here with my intentions and progress here.

I'd love to hear what people think, I've got loads still to do so I'll update soon,

Feral

Very nice. Will be watching this.

Thank you, I hope you enjoy what is to come!

Speaking of which, the first batch of Plague Marines are primed and ready to roll (after I have finished a few other projects off);

The%20Desecration%20Plague%20Marines%20Primed.jpg

I'm pleased that the plasticard spacers are now invisible to the eye now the primer has gone on. I still have to design the warband logo and finalise the purple & green colour scheme, but I'll start on them soon!

What's the thing with the face in the wires? (Descriptive I know?) It looks awesome but I can't work out what I'm going to be.

The rest is all good too, that just really stood out.

Are you talking about the Decimator daemon engine?

I'm really loving the one in pure Iron Armor that was converted from a Death Guard kit. These should make for some great squads.

Looking great mate, I personally like this style of tall-scaling over the termie leg version. Loving the whole piratical theme to your army, your green-fu is most impressive. Do you have any plans to add Terminators or other vehicles to the force?

Thank you!

Terminators - got some plastic ones as well as some with FW Death Guard parts so sometime down the line I'd imagine so.

Vehicles - I have a Defiler that will come after the Blight Drone and Decimator are done and dusted. As for other vehicles, I only really want Daemon Engines in my warband, but the concept of captured Imperial-exclusive tech (Whirlwinds, Razorbacks etc..) for Apocalypse is tempting...

Love the tall-scaling. Looks very natural. It looks like you have half a cthulthu? face on one guy and think that you should totally do a full one like Captain Davie Jones from Pirates of the Carribean.
I second this :D
;)

Squid-face! There has to be a squid-face! Great stuff, by the way, brother. Looking forward to more. :)

Aye, one Plague Champion will get the full-on Davy Jones beard 'o' feelers and the other will get facial mutation like this:

art-20.jpg

What's the thing with the face in the wires? (Descriptive I know?) It looks awesome but I can't work out what I'm going to be.

The rest is all good too, that just really stood out.

Forge World Decimator Daemon Engine, as Circus Nurgling said.

I'm really loving the one in pure Iron Armor that was converted from a Death Guard kit. These should make for some great squads.

Thanks! That one was inspired by the artwork for the Apostles of Contagion in Imperial Armour 7. Most of that unit is going to be ex-members of the Apostles of Contagion, to explain where they got their antiqued armour from. :)

As others have said your 'true-scaling' looks very natural. Your GS work is also very clean and well done ;)

Cheers! The trick is clayshapers, patience and having at least a vague idea of what you're trying to achieve.

Anyone who wants to sculpt should have some clayshapers, they are fantastic!

- - - - -

Anyway, small bit of progress:

The%20Desecration%20Blight%20Drone%20WIP%20001.jpgThe%20Desecration%20Blight%20Drone%20WIP%20002.jpg

The Blight Drone got a cluster of gnarled horns grown through the frontal plate, as well as some brass etching to add some fine detail to the otherwise-lacking front.

The%20Desecration%20Decimator%20WIP.jpg

The Decimator meanwhile got a few more tentacles! Where the wires meet the end of the "organic" parts will be smoothed over to blend both together soon. It's rather fiddly work!

Good times,

Feral

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the B&C, great to see you posting on here mate! :lol:

Love these guys, really nice work and brilliantly converted as well. Really looking forward to seeing some progress on these. Fantastic theme for them as well.

Hey Doghouse! I do like to get around it seems. ;)

I decided to attack one of the basecoated Plague Marines with paint, to see if I could make the purple work:

The%20Desecration%20test%20paintjob.jpg

I like to think I did, I'll let you decide though! I stuck with an old-school cross because my freehand skills are rusty and I wanted to keep it simple. Plus, if you have big crosses on your Power Armour, you are wayyyyyyyy renegade.

The%20Desecration%20test%20paintjob%20%281%29.jpg

Interestingly enough, this is an example of what the purple looks like before the I MUST MAKE THIS DIRTY phase. I'm rather fond of this purple recipe, all it took was Daemonette Hide for basecoat, add in Slaanesh Grey for highlights and Xerxes Purple for shading.

I imagine people will want to share their thoughts, please do!

Feral

The%20Desecration%20test%20paintjob.jpg

I like to think I did, I'll let you decide though! I stuck with an old-school cross because my freehand skills are rusty and I wanted to keep it simple. Plus, if you have big crosses on your Power Armour, you are wayyyyyyyy renegade.

Oh :cuss, no wonder the inquisition are all up in my face about the Death Company... ^_^

Cool idea man, keep 'em coming.

\m/

• 2 weeks later...
Oh :cuss, no wonder the inquisition are all up in my face about the Death Company... :)

Cool idea man, keep 'em coming.

\m/

Good point! Mind you, the =][= suspect everyone is some form of heretic!

Meanwhile regarding the test paintjob I did, after some consideration I wanted another go because I felt the purple I did was too dark in the end. All the blending work that went into highlighting the armour was lost in the later glazes. I slightly jiggled the painting method I used and came up with this:

The%20Desecration%20test%20paintjob%20MK%20II.jpg

Slighly blurry, but you get the general idea I hope! I toned down the deeper purple shadows so that the much paler Daemonette Hide basecoat and subsequent Slaanesh Grey highlights were what gave the purple the more muted tone than I initially wanted anyway!

Please also find enclosed another piece of the Decimator puzzle:

The%20Desecration%20Decimator%20WIP%20001.jpg

The%20Desecration%20Decimator%20WIP%20002.jpg

Still more to do, working over the blanker bits and around the joins. After this I have to work on the Storm Laser (silly miscast "ribbed section") and finish off the head. Woo!

Whilst I'm still here, I thought I'd give a shoutout to my hobby pal Maelstrom, who has started on some truescale Red Corsairs here. I'll admit I stole some of his ideas so I recommend you check it out. He's lonely you see. :D

Til next time,

Feral

• 3 months later...

Oh dear, it's been far too long without an update on here. :D

May I present a photo of the first Nurgle Renegade...

The%20Desecration%20Nurgle%20Renegade%20%231.jpg

...and one of the recently finished second one;

The%20Desecration%20Nurgle%20Renegade%20%232.jpg

The face on this one was a complete [CENSORED FOR GOOD TASTE] to do, it took three solid attempts to get it right but now it's done I'm pleased with it. He did originally sport a dark tan but the incoherency with the first model and the fact I kept screwing it up made made me go for what I know best. Cold pallid tones.

The%20Desecration%20Nurgle%20Renegades%20%231%20and%202.jpg

The "warband" thus far, an entirely not impressive total of two models......

The%20Desecration%20Nurgle%20Renegades%20%233%2C%204%20and%205%20WIP.jpg

...and the next three to be worked on. The two at the back are close to completion, but the Aspiring Champion is way off that mark yet. Personally, I'm loving the possessed Heavy Bolter operator on the left.

Also, you lovely lot have yet to see the Dark Vengeance models I'm working on for the Desecration. The Chaos Lord and Helbrute are already underway, as are the Cultists (of which all the duplicates are converted.) Only thing is, the Chosen are somewhat too ornate for my band of rogues, so I'm trying to come up with an alterrnative faction to use as "allies" (in the background sense, not the 6th edition rules). Anyone got any clever suggestions?

I'm bored of typing now so I'll leave the floor open for your thoughts and glorious praise,

Feral

Archived