Twin Linked Blast weapons

dizzy-xc

Twin Linked Blast weapons get to reroll the dice to scatter with a very intetresting condition, 'if you miss'. So I am assuming that that means missing the intended target even though the shot may have hit something else? Or may you reroll on the grounds you didnt like the 1st shot?

I'd say that if you scatter off your intended onto another target you've missed, because you've missed your intended target. But it's a choice so you may decide your chance target that you hit is as good a hit as your intended target.

you may re-roll [the scatter die] (the 2D6 too?).

If you get to re-roll a blast weapon's attack, you have to re-roll both the scatter die and the 2D6.

pretty sure that you only roll the 2D6 if you 'miss'. meaning that the re-roll only affects the scatter dice, as you shouldnt have rolled the 2D6 yet

AM

pretty sure that you only roll the 2D6 if you 'miss'. meaning that the re-roll only affects the scatter dice, as you shouldnt have rolled the 2D6 yet

AM

Thought this was in the FAQ but the BRB covers this:

If a model has the ability to re-roll its rolls to hit and chooses to do so after firing a blast weapon, the player must re-roll both the scatter dice and 2D6.

Which seems fair to me, especially as the scatter roll for Blast weapons does specify to roll both the scatter dice and 2D6 at the same time, discounting the 2D6 if a hit is rolled.

AM

It has to be after the 2d6 distance dice are rolled.

As even on a 'miss' (on the scatter dice), due to BS reduction you could still 'hit' if you roll a low amount for distance.

AM

It has to be after the 2d6 distance dice are rolled.

As even on a 'miss' (on the scatter dice), due to BS reduction you could still 'hit' if you roll a low amount for distance.

:o

"Blast weapons and re-rolls

If a model has the ability to re-roll its rolls to hit and chooses to do so after firing a blast weapon, the player must re-roll both the scatter dice and the 2D6." - BRB, Pg.30

I don't get your objection?

If you *had* to reroll before your rolled the distance dice, there's a chance you would be rerolling a total hit, due to BS reduction.

That being said, this should be a non question as you have to roll the scatter and distance dice at the same time.

But I wasn't making the claim of;

meaning that the re-roll only affects the scatter dice, as you shouldnt have rolled the 2D6 yet

/shrug

Twin Linked Blast weapons get to reroll the dice to scatter with a very intetresting condition, 'if you miss'. So I am assuming that that means missing the intended target even though the shot may have hit something else? Or may you reroll on the grounds you didnt like the 1st shot?

Pretty much the second. You are allowed a reroll but you do not HAVE to take it if you are happy with the initial outcome no matter where it lands.

I don't get your objection?

I wasn't objecting to what you said, I was supporting it - I was objecting to the post to which you were responding, by pointing out that the answer can easily be found in the BRB.

Pretty much the second. You are allowed a reroll but you do not HAVE to take it if you are happy with the initial outcome no matter where it lands.

This is what I was thinking. The 'if you miss' part that is in the BRB pretty much allows you to do whatever you want if the shot misses exactly where you wanted it to be. Edit, but I dont think it allows you to reroll if it hits. I mean, why would you want to anyway?

Add that along with the part dswanick quoted where it say "and chooses to do so" and it should be obvious that you have a choice.

If my opponent rolled a hit and wanted to re-roll the results, I would let them. After I finished laughing :o

Had a game yesterday where my opponent wanted to miss, actually - he was firing a monoscythe at Saint Celestine, who was on her own, and hoping to scatter onto the Battle Sister squad nearby because it was out of the Razorwing's line-of-sight.

Wasn't twin-linked, but you can see why he might have wanted to reroll the hit.

Archived