missle launcher

assult marines x 10

jump packs

pistol of some kind

ELITE

sang priest x2

jump pack

infernus pist x 1

tac marines will hold my objective, while the death comp bits will wreck havoc and maybe contest, and my assault marines and sang guard will go for all the rest,

sang priest will go in ass squad and sang guard.

and all will deep stike/ DoA, exept tact marines which will set up as norm.

hard hitting and quick list

thoughts

ta

Three comments. Jump packs are VERY expensive for death company marines, make sure you really want to give them the jump packs before you invest so many points in jump packs when you could be giving them a rhino or razorback. The death mask upgrade on the sanguinary guard may be unnecessary, most units that you want your guard to charge will have a relatively high leadership, and with those points you save on the death masks, you would have some points left over for a fist on your assault squad. I am also slightly concerned with what appears to be a lack of anti-tank. Maybe a predator or some devastators could give you some solid fire support? Hope this helps!

it does thanks, I'm happy with the death company with jump packs tbh, thats what appealed to me about them.....

i wanted a fast army, i suppose i can up it to 2k if need be, what is best for anti tank then? i.e. weapon options??

thats fine with death masks, they were added to use up some points..

Of course, I understand that "it looks cool and I don't care how expensive/effective it is I am going to play it anyways" feeling, I get it all the time. Anti-tank for blood angels usually comes in the form of melta guns on rapid assault marines, heavy support predators with auto cannon turret and lascannon sponsoons, devastator Squads with missile launchers, or outflanking fast attack Baal Predators trying to get lucky side armor shots with twin linked assault cannons. Maybe drop the tac marines for a predator or devastator squad and then you have points left over for some other upgrades on your other squads? Since dante is in your list, and the unit he deep strikes with doesn't scatter, you can put him in a squad with some other melta weapons and deep strike next to an expensive tank and hopefully destroy it. Just be prepared for your opponent's angry counter-attack. After all, you hopefully just destroyed his most expensive and prized vehicle on the battlefield. Its a great tactic for taking down landraiders/vindicators/monoliths, and other such high priority targets.

Remember with Dante's Hit and Run USR, you can take an initiative test to leave combat at the end of your enemy's assault phase. Then on your turn you can turn right around and assault him right back or hit another target.

I'd say don't get overzealous with DoA if it's too risky. Sometimes dropping right onto your enemies heads leaves you grievously exposed to their guns, especially with a good guard list(I learned this the hard way). I recommend dropping as many guys as you can into cover if possible instead of right in the middle of your opponent.

Archived