Time for some Fun!

Let's do a mashup of thoughts, ideas, one-liners and create one or more DA Successors to take the field with the Unforgiven. Will it be a zany witty and comedic like the Emperors Pointy Sticks or another somber chapter like the ones we know and love to take to battle.

All ideas and thoughts are valid so long as they are family-friendly and not offensive (No KKK marines! Leave that for Chaos!). I am including the framework below but fill free to just post a single thought or idea about one area and one field. The Angels of the Lion were created in a process similar to this, so who knows if it inspires a new army or even a new squad!

Lets look for:

Chapter Name

Origins

- Founding? (3rd through 26th)

- What made that Chapter come into being

- Are they a Successor of a Successor?

Present Activities

- Notable Characters

- Notable Battles

- Narrative about the Chapter at the dawn of the 41st Millennium

- Are they hunters of the Fallen? Do they even know about the Fallen?

Home World or Fleet based

- Description of the planet that they are based

- Any rituals? Feast of Malediction, Adorns armor with Feathers or other trinkets

Combat Doctrine

- Deathwing & Ravenwing in use?

- Armor Heavy?

- Specializations?

- Intolerances?

Organization

- Inner Circle?

- Deathwing?

- Ravenwing?

- Color schemes

Beliefs

Battlecry

"Poke 'em in the eye!"

"Repent! For tomorrow you die!"

SM Painter Color schemes

Let's see what we can kind of a Frankenstein Monster we come up with!

I really like this idea; I'm thinking of using the (hopefully!!!) impending starter box to start a successor rather than paint more green marines.

Unfortunately, I am currently devoid of any ideas, but will chip in when I feel inspired!

I saw the Community Crusade topic over in the Templar forum and thought it'd be great to transfer that idea to our own forum, and it's already here, nice!!! I'll put my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with. I've a few ideas that I've been saving for my own DIY that I'll probably never get around to writing.

cheers,

Jono

is this for our own DIY DA Chapters? Or is this to create a forum successor?

It is not your own Successor but just a conglomeration of thoughts. Similar to the one word stories or one sentence stories.

Hmmm... let's kick this off with some brain storms.

- Hive world based chapter that is a successor of the Angels of Vengeance. Founding is unknown and the marines really could care less.

- Jungle chapter that has their armor painted Green with Black Tiger stripes. Their robes are all camo cloaks and only the helmets depict the status of the marine (bone for veterans and those inducted into the Inner Circle, black for the Recon (2nd) Company).

- Chapter based on a volcanic world that has Red Armor with black robes. They do not have tanks or bikes so they field skimmers only.

- Mirror Finish marines that eschews all symbols on their armor. They wear tabards to denote positions and and rank. Battlecry - "We reveal your weakness!"

- Storm Riders. A fleet based marine chapter that goes wherever there is a warp storm to push back demonic encroachment and see if they can close the focal point of the storm. Chapter is severely depleted with some 400 battle brothers serving within.

My comedic ideas are bad, really bad. Fozzie Bear bad. Muppet marines and Football Marines sounds good compared to some of them.

It is not your own Successor but just a conglomeration of thoughts. Similar to the one word stories or one sentence stories.

I'm slightly confused: So one line entries only yes? But encompassing all background criteria in your first post?

I'm slightly confused: So one line entries only yes? But encompassing all background criteria in your first post?

I think the reference was to those word games I played with friends as a kid; you build a story by taking it in turns to contribute a word/sentence, and then you end up with a completely nonsensical tale by the end.

I don't think the literal intent was that people take it in turns to build a single Chapter sentence by sentence; more that we all contribute a suite of ideas, and then end up with a new sub-Forum Chapter for folk to adopt if they like it.

Heres one:

1. Fleet based chapter, 16th Founding, who scours the galaxy for significant pieces of Caliban. Most significant find in M38, an ateroid 1/3rd the size of the Rock, containing an underground Legion warehouse of supplies that Luther with-held from the crusade.

I,ve had an idea for a chapter that,s being floating around in the back of my head for a few years now.

After the battle on terra and the lions rush to his father side and the events on caliban the high command of the legion ordered the remnants of a chapter to protect caliban from the new forces of the imperium. There intent was to protect the knowledge of what happened on caliban from being found out well the legion reformed itself into the chapter,s called for with the codex. The remnant chapter was also ordered to reclaim any vessel or tech they could find they also compiled a list of the dead they found.

I think the reference was to those word games I played with friends as a kid; you build a story by taking it in turns to contribute a word/sentence, and then you end up with a completely nonsensical tale by the end.

I don't think the literal intent was that people take it in turns to build a single Chapter sentence by sentence; more that we all contribute a suite of ideas, and then end up with a new sub-Forum Chapter for folk to adopt if they like it.

That was the reference, yes. And skink has it.

Ever wanted a red DA marine? Toss the idea into the bin.

How about a chapter based on a planet post-Exterminatus. Living in the bones of the dead civilization. Perhaps the chapter recruits from a trash planet.

Flaming Angels, a chapter that loves promethium and meltas.

The Fists of the Angels, another chapter where every brother is equipped with a power fist and the Chapter Master has two (but without the bolters attached).

The Shields of the Emperor, the stubborn defense known within the Sons of the Lion run strong in this chapter and they will not yield even in death. Size of the shield is their rank and the Master of the Chapter has this massive Storm Shield so that he can even defend open ground. The 2nd Company mounts portable shield generators on the back of their bikes to become a moving shield wall. A common tactic against infantry would be having a pair of bikers turn their shield up to full power and smash formations that are unaware of the invisible shield wall between the bikes.

Why not some Highland marines that have Kilts instead of Robes? Just need to get a bunch of really big swords. And only use the lower half of a robed marine.

Gunslingers, knowing how Cypher fights with two pistols, this chapter has taken on the notion of fighting fire with fire. All marines not armed with a two-handed weapon is armed with two pistols. No Close combat weapons in this bunch.

Any thing there sound interesting?

Another idea, Iron Angels. A tight-lipped chapter that has embraced the Mechanicum. They are not as close to the rest of the Unforgiven but the product of their forges does seem to find its way into the Unforgiven's hands. One particular commodity is parts for the vaunted Terminator suits. The robes of the chapter are Mechanicum red but their armor is that of unpolished metal blackened by the forge.

After the 13th Black Crusade where the Dark Angels and the Successors battled closely together a secret summat of the Inner Circle was held at the Rock. Each Chapter gave a small amount of Geneseed towards the creation of a new chapter. Posing as an established chapter they would request aid in rebuilding after suffering major losses. A squad from each of the Unforgiven would form the basis and command structure of the new chapter and guide the new recruits.

After the 13th Black Crusade where the Dark Angels and the Successors battled closely together a secret summat of the Inner Circle was held at the Rock. Each Chapter gave a small amount of Geneseed towards the creation of a new chapter. Posing as an established chapter they would request aid in rebuilding after suffering major losses. A squad from each of the Unforgiven would form the basis and command structure of the new chapter and guide the new recruits.

Nice idea but there is one underlying flaw in the fluff. No one but the Lords of Terra can authorise the creation of a new chapter.... and this beging back on Terra where the genessed samples of each chapter is maintained and tested... You could change it so that the secret conclave of the IC then approached terra to create a specific chapter... in the same manner as that created one of the newer unforgiven chapters?

SG

Nice idea but there is one underlying flaw in the fluff. No one but the Lords of Terra can authorise the creation of a new chapter.... and this beging back on Terra where the genessed samples of each chapter is maintained and tested... You could change it so that the secret conclave of the IC then approached terra to create a specific chapter... in the same manner as that created one of the newer unforgiven chapters?

SG

And yet the Consecrators appear mysteriously. I might give this one a little wiggle room.

not really, just that theres no record of them, or, better, that there is hardly any known records of them, they just are not really known to the Imperium at large unlike, say, the Hawk Lords or the Angels of Redemption. Possibly all records have been erased by DA agents in the past, or, it was established without the knowledge of the HLoT.

Either way, it would be a once of thing, otherwise it's too obvious, in otherwords, being suspicion down upon the Unforgiven, and that is something we want to avoid at all costs.

And yet the Consecrators appear mysteriously. I might give this one a little wiggle room.

Didn't that happen only after Chapter Master Anazael petitioned the Lords of Terra or have I got the chapters wrong? :P ... the formation of new chapters always occurs in Terra/Mars not only for the geneseed supplies but also for all the material wealth needed... :blink:

SG

SG

The High Lords of Terra control the creation of new chapters, but that doesn't mean they know of every chapter in existence. Many are lost to ages and rediscovered later, like the Charcarodons Astra. So therefore, with the proper lies, the Unforgiven could pass off a collection of Unforgiven marines as the remnants of a DA successor whose existence was forgotten. I don't see what that gets them though. There's a chance that some overzealous adept could take an interest in them and expose the lie and ruin the entire Unforgiven. If they're going after more gene seed, they could just report some gene seed destroyed in combat and use mind-cleansed surfs to grow more. No lies required, and nothing on paper.

Didn't that happen only after Chapter Master Anazael petitioned the Lords of Terra or have I got the chapters wrong?

The Disciplines of Caliban were the chapter created by the request of a Supreme Grand Master.

The High Lords of Terra control the creation of new chapters, but that doesn't mean they know of every chapter in existence. Many are lost to ages and rediscovered later, like the Charcarodons Astra. So therefore, with the proper lies, the Unforgiven could pass off a collection of Unforgiven marines as the remnants of a DA successor whose existence was forgotten. I don't see what that gets them though. There's a chance that some overzealous adept could take an interest in them and expose the lie and ruin the entire Unforgiven. If they're going after more gene seed, they could just report some gene seed destroyed in combat and use mind-cleansed surfs to grow more. No lies required, and nothing on paper.

The only problem with this is that these chapters are distrusted and often have to undergo Imperial scrutiny. Not to mention that every chapter created has a record in Mars/Terra of its Founding. Whether or not these records are available for anyone below the High Lords to access debatable, and unlikely. As for the Space Sharks, well, they really should have undergone a thorough check first. They also have the advantage of having records of their founding, who they are, whose geneseed they used etc. Unlike the Consecrators who just seemingly 'appear' (though, they may, and probably do, have a Founding and records, it's just that they do not have a large record in Imperial memory, probably due to them being not around as much). This does not mean they were created by the DA, nor does it mean they were not. It is left ambiguous here. That all said, I think the problem is that if it was done once it is highly likely that they would not do it again due to fears that they =][= might get over suspicious. It is kinda easier to get away with one big lie, but 2?

Then how about a vote.

Founding 3-13 or 14-26.

Do they know about the fallen. Yes. No.

Do they have a death/raven wing yes. no.

Are they knightly or monastic or other pleas specify.

Or pick a color and chapter symbol maybe a name and then we can throw out ideas.

The idea was for the frater to throw out the ideas first and then vote later. I love the ideas so far that aren't mine and I would love to see more ideas. Even the questionable ones to the fluff nutters. Heck I keep thinking there might be something in the questionable fluff that could be sculpted into something new and unique.

I am looking for a brainstorm to rival the Eye of Terror. Is the First Legion first in creativity?

The Sons of the Lion are a 21st Founding DA Chapter based upon a feral world. Mutated genseed which can cause them to descend into a primal rage during battle, other effects include the loss of the Larramans gland, though they do have a highly developed Nueroglottis, Preomnor and Oolitic Kidney which allows them to eat everything and anything, something they do do (classic case is the feasting upon Orks during the 3rd War for Armaggeddon).

The Chapter is considered highly unstable by the other Unforgiven and an embarrassment to them. Ostracised by many other Grandmasters they seek to change the image that their brethren have of them of vile, rage filled beasts that will eat anything. Central belief is that they will only be cured when the Lion returns, and he can only do so when he has both his sword and every last fallen has been found.

Do the keep Lions as pets and wear their pelts and ride them into battle also?

Seems a bit too knock-off of the Wolves to me. Not terrible, but ehh.

How about a Chapter that doesn't have any Terminators and uses Company Vets in their place as their "Deathwing" ?

Archived