Libby Dreds

KaiserTJ1860

See title.

Bascially the codex says you can swap all that you have for a furioso libby dread with power weapon, blood fist and stom bolter etc

but can you pay an additional among of points to swap the storm bolter on the blood fist for a flamer or melta etc? or the blood fist for a claw?

im sure friends will let me get away with outfitting what i want, but in official games is there any room for improving the librarian dreadnoughts?

TJ

I replace the sb with a hf, never had any problems and it don't say you can't as it the wargear which is exchange so if upgrade to a libby first then replace the sb with hf you should be ok, I did this everyone I have gamed was fine with it

Well... I'm all in for certain agreements between players, but be prepared that you might run into problems assuming that everybody will be fine with that.

Because in the rules it clearly says "Upgrade for a furioso librarian, exchanging all wargear for a blood fist (with built-in storm bolter bla bla and force weapon)"

No matter what he would have had before the upgrade, he ends up with a stormbolter.

There isn't even room for interpretation.

But again... play as you wish. It's a game after all and if both sides agree then who gives a damn?

As noted above- RAW does not allow any upgrades at all. (STUPIDLY!!)

Yep... Melta would be nice, and a frag cannon plus wings of Sanguinius would be hilarious. I'd take that. ^^

Just for the lolz.

Hell... I could even field it *takes a photo*

What do you think? ^^

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/4/26/358609_md-.JPG

As noted above- RAW does not allow any upgrades at all. (STUPIDLY!!)

Yep... Melta would be nice, and a frag cannon plus wings of Sanguinius would be hilarious. I'd take that. ^^

Just for the lolz.

I thought the same thing when I first picked up the codex, but the FAQ shot down my dreams. A libby dread could wipe out a swarm of termagaunts on his own. :tu:

Archived