A tale of 17 gamers

I wouldn't start Void Stalker yet if I were you. I made that same mistake and spent all my free time reading! Saying that, it is an exceptionally good book and you could probably get through it in a few days. Good luck trying to resist!!! ;)

Good work everyone, I haven't really looked around B&C before (Just go to the Red Scorpions thread normally), nice to see the Badab War books are still getting some love.

The Fire Angels are probably my favourites so far. I kinda wanted to do them as a second force but have kept pushing on with the RS instead of diversifying.

Keep up the good work and I am keen to see more.

- Redscorps

Just a quick update on my progress.

gallery_36285_7182_3286.jpg

I'm happy with how the green has turned out. I'm in the process of painting all the details at the moment (pouches, grenades, cables, etc, etc). :)

I love the kitted up Marines. My only question is how does that one guy draw the pistol on his right shoulder pad? :(

Doh! I didn't even think about how he would draw his bolt pistol. I'll probably think about it everytime I look at him now. Perhaps he has a special pistol-servitor to draw it for him!

He could be a little techy and have little mechandrites to do it for him. Enough of them bundled together could do the trick.

I thought about this myself when arming my champs with a pistol and a powerfist. If he used his PF to reload, he would be holding the magazine cartridge in those bulky fingers with his pinky up and that ain't grim dark! ;)

I'm happy with how the green has turned out. I'm in the process of painting all the details at the moment (pouches, grenades, cables, etc, etc). ;)

I love the kitted up Marines. My only question is how does that one guy draw the pistol on his right shoulder pad? :)

Marines are ambidextrous aren't they. So it should not be a problem.

I'm happy with how the green has turned out. I'm in the process of painting all the details at the moment (pouches, grenades, cables, etc, etc). ;)

I love the kitted up Marines. My only question is how does that one guy draw the pistol on his right shoulder pad? ;)

I don't think whether their right or left-handedness is the problem. I think Veteran Sergeant is referring to the second Marine on the left. Take a close look at his right shoulder hand and think about it.

I love the kitted up Marines. My only question is how does that one guy draw the pistol on his right shoulder pad? ;)

I don't think whether their right or left-handedness is the problem. I think Veteran Sergeant is referring to the second Marine on the left. Take a close look at his right shoulder hand and think about it.

He fires the bolt pistol upside down using his pinky to pull the trigger

Retributor Alois, complete...

gallery_37532_7179_12727.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_37918.jpg

Retributor Alois had always been known as a humble and quiet Astartes within the Astral Claws, an unusual trait considering the nature of the Chapter before it's fall. Nonetheless, Alois was always a welcome addition to any squad, and was counted as a dependable and stalwart warrior by his senior leadership and peers. Whenever a pinpoint assault had to be made, or a breach had to be held, Alois would be called upon. As such, it was a suprise to the LXII Auxillia Command when, at the height of the sacking of Hive Dominar, Alois abandoned his position and his brothers. Upon the mortal wounding of Lord Huron, a broadband message was sent to every Tyrant Legion Auxillia of his fate, and activating 'conditio loquitur', a demand that every member of the Auxillia fight to the death, and that the chain of command was suspended, so as to buy the Astral Claws command time to escape. Holding a precarious position as it was, Alois doomed his squadmates as he suddenly broke formation alongside 2nd Squads' sergeant, both running into the burning hab-districts, and leaving their brothers to a bloody fate.

Inquisitorial Reports describe a warrior closely matching Alois's description loyally serving alongside the Sergeant he betrayed his brothers with, the Sergeant himself now well-known to the Imperium as a savage reaver with plans of his own....

Awesome work as always 1000heathens.

It is with great regret that I am going to have to bow out of this challenge. Family situation has changed a little bit and am finding it harder and harder to have any hobby time let alone sleep time. On the up side that means someone else can have a go at this exclusive challenge.

Wish you guys all the best and look forward to popping my head in and seeing what you come up with.

Looks like there's another place free which means that the Carcharadon Astra and the Tiger Claws are up for grabs if anyone wants them. As usual, the first people to ask on here get them. Please be aware though that the deadline for 5 marines is very close.

Great work on those Astral Claws 1000Heathens. The poses and the paint work are excellent as always and thanks for adding the fluff. Your hard work is much appreciated.

Thanks, man. I appreciate you coming up with this idea, it was the inspiration I needed to get this old idea turned into a real project. I'm such a procrastinator, lol.

It's a bummer you're droppin' out, Syth, but I totally understand. Family first. Hope everything works out for you, bro... take care.

@ dirge caster - Might I suggest seeing if you can grab one of the guys in the secondary thread run by emperors immortal? Maybe they'd be interested in joining 'Pool A'. ;)

I had a few spare hours today and I’ve managed to finish my 5 marines!!!

I’m really pleased with how they turned out.

gallery_36285_7182_12936.jpg

gallery_36285_7182_11119.jpg

gallery_36285_7182_9319.jpg

gallery_36285_7182_26771.jpg

gallery_36285_7182_10204.jpg

My only regret is that they’re too dark and I wish I had used a lighter basecoat like gretchin green or even camo green.

For next month’s challenge I’m going to add some lighter-coloured armour parts such as yellow and red.

I want to add this guy’s chest plate.

gallery_36285_7182_14442.jpg

And this guy’s helmet.

gallery_36285_7182_20054.jpg

I've based the first three Fire Angels and assembled the last two.

Sorry about the poor lighting in the pics. I'll take some more when i get back from football.

Tarnus Vale.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2195.jpg?t=1338005354

Veteran Sergeant.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2201.jpg?t=1338004953

Veteran.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2199.jpg?t=1338005214

WIP. Veteran.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2188.jpg?t=1337933622

WIP. Veteran.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2190.jpg?t=1337933296

Hopefully I'll get the last two finished before the deadline ;)

Archived