A tale of 17 gamers

I come bearing news.

I was in GW Dublin yesterday for a signing with Dan and Graham - and this gentleman's first hobby outing:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8164/7279208014_b42769f5dc.jpg

While there, I finally got around to ordering the full set of new paints, which I've been waiting to get for ages. They'll take about a week or so to arrive, though, so I'm pretty much a dead cert to miss the first deadline when it comes to painting the 5-man squad. I've got them built and got my fluff snippet for them, but yeah, there's my confession.

I am a failure. A handsome, handsome failure.

@A D-B: Don't think you're gonna be the only one, bro. Not a whole lot of updates goin' on. Handsome little devil you got there, by the way. Congrats to the missus and yourself.

@RagingChainsword: Tiger Claws are open....if you dare.... :D

Ok. I don't want anyone to worry about missing deadlines. The most important aspects of this project are to have fun and build a few models along the way. Plus, next month's challenge is only 2 HQs which takes the pressure off us all a bit.

If anyone would like an extra challenge you could write up a 200-point kill team list, including the models you've already built, and post it here. I always love seeing what people can cram into such a low-point force.

Keep up the good work everyone. :D

Ok. I don't want anyone to worry about missing deadlines. The most important aspects of this project are to have fun and build a few models along the way. Plus, next month's challenge is only 2 HQs which takes the pressure off us all a bit.

If anyone would like an extra challenge you could write up a 200-point kill team list, including the models you've already built, and post it here. I always love seeing what people can cram into such a low-point force.

Keep up the good work everyone. :D

Thank you I was all set to admit my failure and bow out.

So this make's me feel a lot better my squad was painted I'll I had to do was drill out the barrels and base them then some yahoo went and started his fire to close to my garage and poof all my hard work up in smoke along with my car (serves me right for not bringing them in the house I suppose) and a lot of my other cool stuff.

So let's hope I can pull off 2 HQ and a command squad for the end of june.

Ugh. So tired, brain fried like an egg trying to finish these two today. No fluff for these fellas tonight, but I'll edit this post tomorrow and add it in. Good. Freakin. Night.

Retaliator Cheveyo, complete:

gallery_37532_7179_8335.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_15809.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_25537.jpg

Retaliator Desba, complete:

gallery_37532_7179_26329.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_43628.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_17144.jpg

Retaliators Desba and Cheveyo were inseperatable since induction into the Astral Claws, though their personalities and tactical prefrences seemed totally at odds. Where one of them would fall short, the other would be strong, and the two of them worked as such in perfect harmony throughout induction. Their trainers and command saw this, and felt it wise to continue this trend after their black carapaces were implanted. Through their days in the 4th company waging war against the pirates of the Maelstrom, to their eventual reassignment to the LXII Auxilia, Desba and Cheveyo stood side by side through the worst of conflicts, and the greatest of achievements. It came as no suprise that the two bond-brothers died back to back as well, as hell came home to Badab Primaris. With one of their squad brothers having gone to seek death below Badab, and two others, including their Sergeant, having abandoned them to fate, Desba and Cheveyo stood alone against a tide of bloodthirsty grey. The last time they were seen alive, Desba could be seen through the flames and smoke of the burning hive-city, on his knees cradling the ruined body of his closest friend, hammering bolt pistol rounds into the encroaching tide of Carcharodons, tears mingling with the blood pouring from his scalp.

@ Mr Malevolent - If you want to build up some Lamenters then go ahead. The person who originally requested them hasn't used this forum since the 1st of May so I'm assuming they've lost interest. Welcome aboard.

Veteran Retaliator Lorek, Lost Son, Former 2nd Company Champion of the Tiger Claws.

gallery_37532_7179_263.jpg

Yeah, Lorek. As in, 'Claws of Lorek'. Yes, that Lorek. I went there. :angry:

EDIT: Added the fluff to the two guys I finished yesterday to their post. Enjoy!

Just a couple of WIP shots.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2204.jpg?t=1338280384

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2208.jpg?t=1338279865

The last time they were seen alive, Desba could be seen through the flames and smoke of the burning hive-city, on his knees cradling the ruined body of his closest friend, hammering bolt pistol rounds into the encroaching tide of Carcharodons, tears mingling with the blood pouring from his scalp.

Epic. Absolutely epic. That puts such a strong image in my head and almost brought a tear to my eye! It really shows that there was good and bad on both sides of the war. You should write a book.

The last time they were seen alive, Desba could be seen through the flames and smoke of the burning hive-city, on his knees cradling the ruined body of his closest friend, hammering bolt pistol rounds into the encroaching tide of Carcharodons, tears mingling with the blood pouring from his scalp.

Epic. Absolutely epic. That puts such a strong image in my head and almost brought a tear to my eye! It really shows that there was good and bad on both sides of the war. You should write a book.

I cried alittle. :rolleyes:

This is what i love about Heathens' work. The attention to detail and care that goes into each model. I'm fairly confident with my painting and modelling, but I feel that I lack Heathens' creativity. Either way its inspirational.

I'm trying to decide which HQs I should paint for next month. Should we be working towards a usable force? If so I've already finished one HQ, Tarnus Vale. Maybe I'll do one HQ plus some extra marines to round out this months squad.

It doesn't look like I'm going to make the deadline :D I'm very close to finishing though.

Nearly done. I just need to add the freehand detail and base them. I should get them done over the weekend.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2213.jpg?t=1338378730

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2212.jpg?t=1338378908

Lovely marines - well done.

So far this has been a Tale of 16 gamers rather than 17.

Unfortunately things haven't gone well for me the last few weeks ( wont bore you with the details ) and I will be unable to finish the Executioner squad before 2moro's deadline .

So I will drop out and hope you can find someone else to continue with this project .

Sorry I didnt post this sooner - I honestly thought I could get the squad finished in time but fate seems to have had other plans for me .

Good luck to everyone taking part ( I will still pop in to see how things are proceeding ).

So, there's a space available? What is it? I'd be happy to take over, but it might take me a while to get rolling. I've been looking for a motivation to pick up a brush again, and this looks like it might be my chance.

Battle Brothet John just vacated The Executioners, and I think the Tiger Claws are still available?

Archived