A tale of 17 gamers

For Tiger Claws would I be painting the stripey paint job or the black/orange paint job (see 40kWiki)? I've never used green stuff before and I have little painting experience, so I would be incapable of crafting an Executioners marine.

Okay, I'll take Tiger Claws please. Thanks all. :D

EDIT: Just found out that Tiger Claws are Chaos lol noobie mistake. Am I still allowed to use normal SM models, or will I have to change to a different chapter? Just out of interest, are there any more spaces available? I have a few friends who may be intersted.

There cant be much better in life than a Badab War Painting log!!

Id like to congratulate everyone taking part in this challenge as they're always harder than they first seem. Here's a few special mentions to the guys showing the most progress.

@Dirge caster: Great looking Raptors! You have got them looking damn fine, love the mud, the beakies and the extra ammo packs.

@Kizzdougs: I think your Fire Angels are looking excellent, nice painting and the chapter symbols look ace.

@Grotsmasha: Nice take on the Fire Hawks, love the MK III helmets and the back banner is a a nice touch.

@1000heathens: Checked out your marines Malevolent the other day... Inspirational! Seriously loving Desba and Cheveyo. I always appreciate the details and it helps bring the squad alive.

Cheers

The Yak

kizzdougs, the Fire Angels are coming along well. Fantastic glowing eyes. Also, I just noticed the desert themed bases you did. Would you mind sharing how you achieved that look?

Thanks mate. I've also been asked to make a tutorial for the 'glowing eyes', so I'll try to make a double tutorial on the weekend.

Thanks mate. I've also been asked to make a tutorial for the 'glowing eyes', so I'll try to make a double tutorial on the weekend.

But, but you've already done a tutorial for the eye glow... :tu:

I really like the lenses. Mind sharing how you did that?

Thanks mate. I love giving my space marines glowing eyes. I think it helps to make them look more intimidating.

Recipe.

Lenses.

I started with a mechrite red coat.

Next i painted blood red over the top.

After that i just added golden yellow to the mix (about 2-3 stages) until I finished of with pure yellow.

Glow.

I simply used watered down blood red. After the first layer had dried I added a second.

To finish up i took boltgun metal and neatened up the transition between the silver and the red.

Ludovic

But, but you've already done a tutorial for the eye glow...

Thats true Ludovic (I'd forgotten :) ). I've previously listed the colours and techniques I use for painting eyes. I thought I might as well do a step by step tutorial with pics. Maybe I'll do a tutorial for how i painted my Fire Angels. That way I can cover several techniques and methods at the same time. I'll have to see how i go on the weekend :D

But, but you've already done a tutorial for the eye glow...

Thats true Ludovic (I'd forgotten :) ). I've previously listed the colours and techniques I use for painting eyes. I thought I might as well do a step by step tutorial with pics. Maybe I'll do a tutorial for how i painted my Fire Angels. That way I can cover several techniques and methods at the same time. I'll have to see how i go on the weekend :D

Well, if you do have the time to do the tutorial, I won't be one to complain :P

Ludovic

Right then, if I had pictures you would get them on time, guys. Looks like you'll be getting them tomorrow instead when I go get some batteries. <_<

Kizzdougs, your command squad look fantastic, flesh and weathering are great.

which parts have you used? i don't recognize torso of 1+4, legs of 4, or heads of 2+3?

Sorry to be a pain, I'm a recent returnee, missed some good parts i hope!

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u489/kingleir/508a7b8c.jpg

Marines Errant Vetran Squad.

No time for more detailed pics now, must get ready for work.

Hopefully ill have more time next month to work on bonus challenges.

Kizzdougs, your command squad look fantastic, flesh and weathering are great.

which parts have you used? i don't recognize torso of 1+4, legs of 4, or heads of 2+3?

Sorry to be a pain, I'm a recent returnee, missed some good parts i hope!

Torso 1, torso 4 and legs 4 are from the Death company set.

Heads 1 and 2 are from the Sanguinary Guard set.

Head 3 is from the tactical set.

Sorry everyone, but I'm unable to meet this first deadline due to me joining so late, but I'll work extra hard to make sure that I complete this and the next challenge by the next deadline. Sorry to dissapoint :P

Kingleir, those Marine Errant vetrans look fantastic. I always thought white was a difficult colour to work with, but those look absoutely fantastic. Job well done.

Well, I jst ordered the FW terms and Weps and will be making a termie Captain for my Marines Errant 2nd Company (Personal Armour From the Rogue Trader house Ecale), and a Vet Sarge for my Vanguard Kill Team.

Pics tommotow for te sarge, and ill let you know when the terms come in.

Hey all, sorry for the inactivity :P time and distraction (ETL anyone?) got the better of me. I've got four cruxes to paint then the first five are done.

These two guys will be this months HQ choices;

gallery_48988_7173_369842.jpg

gallery_48988_7173_197721.jpg

gallery_48988_7173_1060267.jpg

Time permitting a third HQ may make an appearance as penance for failure.

Cheers,

Jono

A few days late, but hey, better than never.... :sweat:

Veteran Retaliator Gabriel Lorek, former Tribe-Champion of the Tiger Claws 3rd Company:

gallery_37532_7179_164.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_1034.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_10578.jpg

gallery_37532_7179_27183.jpg

Once a Company Champion of the Tiger Claws, Gabriel Lorek was one of the few individuals who actively fought against the assimilation of the Tiger Claws into their 'parent' Chapter. He refused to believe Huron's vow to rebuild the Tiger Claws, and did not trust his word to return their independence. Like the animal his 'true' Chapter was named after, Lorek felt caged, his troubled mind pacing, constantly on edge. The blood of Krohda, not Badab, pumped through his veins, and only grudgingly did he finally accept a position within the LXII Legion Auxillia commanding a Retaliator squad. Even there, at the edge of the Maelstrom, far away from the bastard king of Badab and neck-deep in pirate scum to slay, Lorek was consistantly aggresive and disrespectful to his fellow cousins, only held in check by Centurion Alaxindr, who was also a Tiger Claw and a man who he respected greatly. As the Badab War began, and dragged on through the years, Lorek's attitude worsened as he saw any chance for his beloved Chapter's rebirth slip through his fingers. By the time the LXII fought it's last battle on Badab Primaris, Lorek was no longer a leader of men, no longer gave orders, and cared not if his men followed him into hell. He wasn't even sure what he wanted any longer. All he knew was that his Chapter had been betrayed twice, first by the High Lords of Terra, then by Lugft Huron, and these poisonous thoughts consumed him entirely.

When the vox waves were drowned with Huron's demise, Lorek suddenly realized he was free. The man his Chapter had sworn their existence to was dead, and with his death, Lorek no longer needed to continue down this path, didn't need to die. He could be free, could ensure that the Tiger Claws would never be forgotten, and have his revenge against the hated Imperium again and again. Without a word, he turned away from his despised cousins, and ran into the burning ruins of the Palace of Thorns, looking for a way to escape a fate he felt was never meant for him. Brother Alois, secretly as bitter as Lorek for being placed with the LXII who were a pack of misfits and outcasts in his opinion, was right behind him, poisoned by Lorek's brutal charisma. The legend that Lorek would create in the years to come, with his reborn and reimagined Claws, would prove a bane of the Northern Fringes of the Maelstrom...but that's another story...

Archived