A tale of 17 gamers

Thanks gents! Yeah, the cloak didn't come out quite how I liked, but I was my first time painting such a large surface an orange color, so it was a bit of a learning experience. Ah well, I know for next time, lol. Almost forgot the squad pic...they look pretty good together, I must say. A fun change from my Marines Malevolents, to be sure, lol.

gallery_37532_7179_11469.jpg

damn heathens, there's just no stopping you is there?

fantastic work o lorek brother!

Heathens, were did you get the head on you're squad leader? Really nice models

if i'm not mistaken, the head with the laurel wreath is from the sanguinary guard sprue.

Thanks guys! War Angel, Wicced is correct, it's from the Sang. Guard box. Many of the helms in there are perfect for a captains laurels / Iron Halo.

Off to start my two Centurions...and some mortal meatshields...

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, which it appears I am, but earlier in the thread I was told that Tiger Claws was vacant and that I could take the spot, which I did. But it appears that 1000heathens has done Tiger Claws. Before I go out and spend money and time on something i'm no meant to be doing, am I menat to be doing Tiger Claws or not?

Sorry if this sounds a bit arsey and demanding but I'm just uncertain is all. If I'm not then that's fine, I'll just find a different project. I was working on a Blood Angels 2nd Company ( not by-the-book), but this diverted my attention.

RCS :)

Astral Claws, bro. I'm doing Astral Claws. The Tiger Claws, a successor of the Astral Claws, were nearly wiped out by a failed Warp Jump, only around a company came out the other end. Their petition to the High Lords of Terra to rebuild was rejected, and their senior officer disappeared on Terra (possible assassination). Lugft Huron, praise his golden heart, offered to take in the Last of the Tiger Claws, and they became one of us.

We (as in the 17 gamers group) decided it'd be cool if, towards the end of the Badab War, some of the Tiger Claws, in a spat of "who cares anymore" attitude, decided to repaint their armour to their former heraldry as a big " :) you" to the Imperium.

If you don't care for that idea, not sure what to tell you, bro.

The Tiger Claws, a successor of the Astral Claws, were nearly wiped out by a failed Warp Jump, only around a company came out the other end. Their petition to the High Lords of Terra to rebuild was rejected, and their senior officer disappeared on Terra (possible assassination).

LIES! He's merely on vacation and not taking any messages...forever.

Thanks, gents! I appreciate the comments!

@RCS: Of course, bro. The real question is, which heraldry do you go with....

The New version?

gallery_37532_7179_49781.jpg

Or do you dare Old Skool? -_-

gallery_37532_7179_28469.jpg

Glad to hear I'm still in this awesome picture. Now, I think I'll start with the New stuff, something more simple considering that I'm only a few months old painting and gaming wise. I'll definetly try some old skool stuff on some vehicles as they have nice flat surfaces to paint on. I'll get some marines in the old stuff in later. I'll hopefuly have my first five ready for the next deadline, and hopefully both HQs.

I was thinking up ideas for what to do for my five. Firstly I was thinking of an asault squad, using Grey Knight bits and weapons aswell, as I have loads of them lying around. Or, I was thinking some sniper scouts with the cloaks painted in tiger stripes. I could just do a standard combat squad, of course. I really have no clue. But I have until Friday to decide. Advice welcome!

I don't know where I can get decals. I know that there's a big cat decal download on the Downloads section, but I don't know how I can print them to be usable. Any help? It's driving me nuts.

RCS

My Vanguard Veteran Seargent, Bout 1/2 done right now.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u489/kingleir/c69bed8a.jpg

1000heathens that squad looks amazing, Good work Sir.

Looking good Kingleir!

I've finished the last two marines, minus their bases.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2215.jpg?t=1339048243

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2214.jpg?t=1339048388

I've started fixing up a terminator chaplain for this months project.

Fantastic work kizzdougs :tu: Could we (I) get a group shot, please?

For the Chaplain, are you going for the GW Terminator Chaplain or are you converting your own?

Ludovic

Thanks Ludovic :)

Here you go...

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2219.jpg?t=1339051836

The Chaplain is the GW one. I started painting him as an Imperial Fist when the model was first released (about 2006?). I never finished the paint job so I figured now would as good a time as any. I recon he'll look pretty sweet as a Fire Angel. I'm considering a Librarian as my other HQ. I'm also going to make a pledge in the E Tenebrae Lux challenge (for chaos of course). I'm thinking its about time I built and painted my IW Contemptor :devil:

Great job on the squad, bro. They look really nice together. Hey, if you ever decide on a vacation to Alaska, bring your mini's, and we'll get a good Red-vs-blue battle going.... :devil:

Cheers kizzdougs, much appreciated B) They look great! By the way, is that fur/skin cloak on the Sergeant (?) from the ol' Space Wolf conversion kit?

I'm looking forward to seeing the Chappie, the Libbie and the Contempie :)

Ludovic

@Heathens: Thanks bro. I'd love to have a blue Vs red battle with the Claws and the Angels. I recon they'd look pretty sweet together!

Cheers kizzdougs, much appreciated B) They look great! By the way, is that fur/skin cloak on the Sergeant (?) from the ol' Space Wolf conversion kit?

I'm looking forward to seeing the Chappie, the Libbie and the Contempie :)

Ludovic

Thanks mate :) the cloak is from the current SW kit (I think its the same as the one you get on the old kit).

Archived