A tale of 17 gamers

I didn't mean to come across as if Dirge is acting like a tyrant (irony, right?), just that it'd be a bummer if someone felt that they have to drop out because they felt like they're being shoehorned into building an army they don't feel comfortable with.

Oh, for really reals. I don't think anyone could misinterpret your comments in a negative way, man. You're golden. And I totally get where you're coming from; if I was gonna suggest a solution (not that it's really a problem, per se) it'd be that each month has a Do Option 1, Option 2, Option 3 or Option 4 deal.

I'm sort of frothing at the mouth to see your next steps in the Tyrant's Legion, by the way. It's a real highlight in the thread for me.

@Heathens: I like both of your last Claws. I think the Tiger head will look great when painted.

The scalped scout is top drawer. What Chapter is the poor little fella from? How about a Salamander to please your marines malevolent....

Looking forward to seeing which you pick as it will be fun to see how the rival chapter representative re-acts. Its always good to put your mates dead troops on your bases and this way it becomes global!

PS: Best not be a Raptor by the way ;)

@ The Yak- Actually, that is a Star Phantom's scout from a crashed land speeder storm.

1000 heathens: Man, Mike, I look @%!$ing bad ass! :) I especially love the hammer, but like we talked about before, I'm not diggin the giant wild man beard. I can't wait to see 'me' painted, so just hit me up with a call whenever you're free so we can talk about the fluff we're gonna write for our characters.

@A D-B: Glad you're enjoying them, man. Glad I didn't come off as a jerk, heh.

@The Yak: Noctus is correct, it's a Star Phantom. I'll explain with a little story when the mini'd finished.

@Noctus: Glad you like...um...yourself, lol. Told you the LE hammer would work out well! Have no fear, I have successfully given the noggin a shave, and he now looks more like your shaggy mug.

@ Heathens - I have to know what happened to Stephanie. I'm not a military man, so I don't know much about these things, but will she have been passed onto another soldier?

@ AD-B - Just to let you know I'm holding you responsible for my slow progress over the last few weeks. I had to read Void Stalker, I had to read the Emperor's Gift and the one night I had free last week I ended up listening to The Butcher's Nails. I hope you're ashamed of yourself! ;)

On a side note, my 3-year-old son has recently developed a huge interest in lego and we spend loads of time together playing with bricks these days. The problem is that I find myself building stuff and looking at lego tanks and mechs online in my free time. I really need to grow up and spend more time playing with space marines!

Anyway, back to business. I really appreciate everyone's comments about how to structure future challenges each month and I think the fairest way is for you all to decide what you will be building and painting in July. If it doesn't work or gets too messy then we can always re-evaluate it as a group. Feel free to post what you're going to make or send me a message and I will make one post listing our various July challenges.

She passed down to one of my Soldiers after I was promoted to Sergeant. And if you're wondering, she was named after my ex-wife: Cold, blunt, and it sucks to be on the wrong end of her.

@1000heathen: love that conversion work, I wish i could model like that.

@Noctus: Cant wait to see it finished, lookin good.

@Dirge: I know what its like getting trapped in the lego box, good luck getting out. Although seeing a SM equipped with lego weapons would be hilarious.

Ill have wip pics up for my termie captain sometime this week.

For July, I will be doing a terminator squad (or part of it), with an Assault Cannon methinks. This will be the squad that accompanies my Captain from this month.

My goal is to make a 2000 pts Terminator Strikeforce. However, since the Marines Errant have limited numbers of term armour, dreads, and LandRaiders, ill be making it crusade style with 3 to 4 chapters represented. From the marines errant i will be doing 2 term squads (1 of each), 1 dread, 1 Drop Pod, 1 landraider, and my Captain. I will also, hopefully, be finishing my Vanguard Vet Kill team using any bonus challenges we may have in the future.

My first Carcharodon is complete!

A few notes about this guy, before I show him

-Yes he still needs to be based. I'm still trying to determine how I want to go about basing these guys.

-Yes, I still haven't tried painting their chapter symbol yet... I'm still not that comfortable with it yet.

-That chainsword he's wielding is from a fallen Astral Claw Retaliator he gutted. His own weapon has been broken during the heat of battle so he picked this one up on the fly.

-The setting and theme of my Carcharodons Astra is during the Assault on Badab Prime. As the Star Phantoms are breaching the chapter monastery, the Carcharodons are busy slaughtering the civilians and those left of the tyrant legion left defending the cities.

Now, without further rambling

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/HPIM1614.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/HPIM1612.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/HPIM1617.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/HPIM1618.jpg

Also, in other news, here's a painting WIP of my first Terminator

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/HPIM1619.jpg

And lastly, my chaplain

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/HPIM1636.jpg

Really want to hear your thoughts.

Enjoy.

I absolutely love the that pose. It's insanely cool looking. You may want to touch up the paint, though, as it looks a bit too dirty in the wrong way, as in missed bits here and there. Overall, it's pretty nice, but I can spot some missing highlights and such. And rather than washing, you may want to try a heavy drybrush, as I think that'd get the dirty effect better. But I like it!

I absolutely love the that pose. It's insanely cool looking. You may want to touch up the paint, though, as it looks a bit too dirty in the wrong way, as in missed bits here and there. Overall, it's pretty nice, but I can spot some missing highlights and such. And rather than washing, you may want to try a heavy drybrush, as I think that'd get the dirty effect better. But I like it!

To be honest, I really wasn't going for the dirty effect. I was just being really lazy. :)

Here he is, Commander Anteus Ixos, 2nd Company.

Well for the most part. I chose different legs because they went better with the base im using.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u489/kingleir/15628fa7.jpg

Ive glued him together, primed him, and painted his base since this picture so ill probably update here soon.

With the Allies Rule in 6th, I will most likely be designing this as a Deathwing army with Eldar Allies.

Good work Heathens (love the custom modelling) and Noctus (that jumppack looks amazing)

Cant wait to see what the Rest of you have in store for this month.

Looking good kingleir!

I'm probably going to struggle with this months challenge but i should still be pretty close. I've been concentration on my IWs thanks to the upcoming release of 6th ed.

Everything on here is really nice, and has got me thinking of trying to organize a preheresy/heresy/scouring tale of 18 gamers, may be better to do a separate one for each period then, but would you guys be okay with that?

Thats an awesome idea! I'd love to get involved with something like this but I've already got too many projects on the go as it is... I'd still love to follow a Heresy era thread.

Guys!

On one hand, I'm reaching a point of being so slow that I'm essentially dead weight to the group. I'll back out and let someone else take the Minotaurs, because the project shouldn't suffer from my slowness and lack of posting.

On the plus side, this has got me started on my Minotaurs, and I'll very, very, very, very slowly have my own army of them. So with that in mind, I wanted to thank you all for helping me with the drive on that score. It's awesome to have a loyalist army on the go, as well.

I am sorry to state that I will have to give this up. Something came up and I don't have the time to work on the Mantis Warriors. The spot is open to anyone that wants to do Mantis Warriors. I wish you all the best of lucky and will look in on and off to see how everything is going.

Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you underestimate your chances. Especially considering that I, of all people, actually am managing to keep up. I'll let you pause while you get back into your chair. Seizures can do that to people. But more seriously, it's a pity all three of you are going at once. Hopefully you'll still manage to finish the army at one point or another. ;)

Archived