A tale of 17 gamers

@Syth: Close. Undead shield (the one with the skull and bone-wings), shaved down, with the BA banner top. Thanks!

@Cyrox: Umm... honestly man, I can't tell anymore.

@Dirge: Hey bro, you tracking who's still doing this? I've lost track....

Although I'm not a huge fan of the Ultramarine series, I am a huge fan of Pasanius. So, my ode to him....

gallery_37532_7179_31865.jpg

Plus, I can make Boondock Saint jokes during games..."Your squad just got serial-crushed by a huge friggin' guy..." :tu:

EDIT: Update made to my Hall of Honour thread of Retaliator Luthias and Veteran-Sergeant Sloan completed. Just follow the link in my sig.

Loving the Boondock Saints reference. Im reading the Ultramarines series just now and I have to say its a bit disappointing. That Pasanius is gonna look sweet as an Astral Claw. :P

This is such a great thread. Keep it up guys, I'm sure there are plenty of other lurkers like myself enjoying the show.

1000heathens, your conversion work is just ridiculously good, mate, and you do justice to all your creations with cracking paint jobs.

Although I'm not a huge fan of the Ultramarine series, I am a huge fan of Pasanius. So, my ode to him....

gallery_37532_7179_31865.jpg

Plus, I can make Boondock Saint jokes during games..."Your squad just got serial-crushed by a huge friggin' guy..." :HQ:

EDIT: Update made to my Hall of Honour thread of Retaliator Luthias and Veteran-Sergeant Sloan completed. Just follow the link in my sig.

Excellent huge frigging space marine. What did you use for his torso? I'm guessing Tartaros Terminator?

Nope, he used to be Master Sammael of the Ravenwing. Shaved down the robes and got rid of the head. Thanks man!

That is some excellent converting as usual. I never would have guessed where the torso came from. I didn't realize that Sammael was such a big model.

To be honest, I picked him up off ebay for a different project, not knowing that he was so abso-freakin-lutley massive. He's been laying around my bitz box since then, until the idea hit me that he'd make a great truescale mini. He's more to do with luck than skill, lol.

@ Brother Chaplain Kage, Mr.Malevolent, Thanks for the comments guys, I've been looking for the inspiration to start this army for a while and this thread, the commenters and contributors are really whats helping me along.

@ 1000heathens, I did try highlighting the armour with silver but I found the constract too much and didn't really like it. The pictures don't show it but they're highlighted with a pencil instead. Also, really like the truescale marine, although I'm not sure about the head, but that could just be me as I'm not too keen on the mark V head when it's not used with other mark V armour.

After having a chat with Ron over at Fromthewarp where he gave me some helpful points on how to weather my marines with pigments, I decided I'd had enough practice to use one of my Executioners.

http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk372/kanithon/ex9.jpg

I like how it turned out, I think the weatherings better then before, if not a bit heavy, but that'll get toned down if I were to varnish the model.

The only thing is, I know can't decide whether I like the clean, pre-weathered look or the weathered look. I'm inclined to say the weathered look because it suits their background and character but I'm not sure I've totally got the hang of it yet, thoughts?

Thanks for looking!

Hey guys! I have been lurking around here for a good while now and just wanted to leave a comment.

I love what is being done in this thread, alot of super creative stuff with lots of totally different takes on space marines. As i am just starting my own minotaurs force, you guys have really inspired me to get creative in poses and such.

Now I really hope we havent seen the last update?

I'm still really struggling to come up with an interesting theme for the Sons of Medusa, beyond just some bionics. So much so, that despite countless hours bainstorming (usually when i can't sleep) i'm still no closer to even making a start. I was considering dropping from the thread and concentrating on other projects. However, that's something i didn't really want to do and i see that Mantis Warriors currently have no one supporting them. So, if nobody minds, i'd like to request a Chapter transfer from the Sons of Medusa to the Mantis Warriors. Doing a technalogical based chapter without them just being green Iron Hands was proving to be too much, i just couldn't find inspiration, however, doing a stealthy recon type chapter, equipped for long operations in the field and using guile rather than force to win though is something i already have plenty of ideas for :rolleyes:.

If its ok with you, I'll take over the Sons of Medusa so you can take on the Mantis Warriors?

Yeah guys come on! Let's see some action here!

Is there a goal set for a certain time?

Doesn't seem to be much intrest in this at all... been awfully silent here lately. :)

I suspect it's the ETL, I know I've been doing other things. But once the ETL's done, I've a Librarian on bike and 5 Vanguard Vets for the Fire Hawks.

Cheers,

Jono

Gentlemen, I am announcing that I can't go on. I am going to drop out, I'm afraid. There's some pretty major stuff happening IRL to me atm so I haven't been able to do much of anything, let alone my literary commitments to the Librarium. Yes, I have a (mostly) painted combat squad and I converted up a captain but that is all the progress I have got. Let's be fair I cannot keep a hold of this spot if I can't prove my chops. Dirge has kindly asked permission to take on the Exorcists and, if it's okay with everyone else, he can take them with my blessing.

Thankyou for the opportunity to have a go and keep up the good work guys. Oh, and Heathens, as always, I admire your work. B)

• 3 weeks later...

HEY WHERE'S EVERYBODY GONE?????

This was one of my favourite plogs on the site and I cant bear to see it die a death......

I saw a while back that Dirge had dropped out with the Raptors so if it is ok I would like to sign up with them. I have some stuff painted to tabletop standard that I completed for the ETL. If its ok I would like to add a few more details (Battle damage, better bases) and include them here.

I also had a look which chapters were taken and it seems that a recruitment drive could help....

Carcharodon Astra:

Star Phantoms: Bio Hazard

Fire Hawks: Grotsmasha

Marines Errant: Kingleir

Red Scorpions:

Raptors: (The Yak Hopefully?)

Salamanders:

Fire Angels: Kizzdougs

Novamarines:

Howling Griffons:

Sons of Medusa:

Minotaurs:

Exorcists:

Astral Claws: 1000heathens

Mantis Warriors:

Lamenters:

Executioners: Chapter Master Kanithon

I have compiled this just from looking through the thread and seeing who has dropped out or who has not produced anything for a while. I could have missed stuff out so if I have you can kick my head in :)

So Dirge and Heathens, What say you to going back to Badab? Rounding up a few more Battle Brothers and putting this plog back on the map?

I'll contribute Fire Angels as I can but between uni and the new Chaos Codex, updates won't be as regular as I would like.

A recruitment drive is definitely needed!

Looking forward to seeing some of your Raptors Yak :)

Archived