A tale of 17 gamers

A recruitment drive is needed. Although I didn't think I was in this thread? Wasn't someone else doing the SP here?? I honestly can't remember mind you. I can add Star Phantoms now and then but between work and the fact my painting speed is crazy slow it probably won't meet any deadlines.

@Kizzdougs: Your Fire warriors are worth waiting for, even just seeing them once every now and again adds a lot to this plog!

@Gawain Veteris & Rindaris: I am currently waiting for Dirge or Heathens to see if its OK to start recruiting, its their thread and I would not want to be seen as a thread jacker! Im sure they would be made up to have you on board as the more the merrier, eh? As for targets for each month there was always just a rough guideline so people could paint what they wanted to paint for their army, rather than a hardline dictator vibe. The way I look at it, seeing any Badab war Miniatures is always a pleasure.

@Biohazard: Sorry mate I bet that was a shock, someone telling you you were involved. It was when Heathens put a dead Star Phantom scout on his base, You said it was inspiring you to get some painted. I took it that you were representing the SP. My mistake mate although if you do wanna paint some....

No i dont mind mate, Ive checked back and Id signed up to the Chapers of the Badab War thread but it seems to have gon ethe way of the dodo. If Demus Ragnok doesnt mind me taking over the Star Phantoms here Ill happily join this thread once we get the all clear from Heathens/Dirge. Like I say though my updates will be sporadic at best. :whistling:

Heres some WIP of the Chaplain Im working on.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/A70006DA-D470-47F3-805B-DAA34794BDB8-20274-000012FCF646B238.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/CE04B275-DEA9-4114-B397-29DF1D0E1FB0-20274-000012FCEF4EE8FF.jpg

Ho You! Im gonna chib ye ya bam!

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/E2F7C5AE-7537-411D-8828-B8DE79F52103-20274-000012FD098DCB37.jpg

Heres the Chaplain as he stands now.

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Star%20Phantoms%20and%20Scythes%20of%20the%20Empero/9134B316-1A3F-42EE-A2F4-30B4CB4DBF6A-20274-000013027077E8D4.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Star%20Phantoms%20and%20Scythes%20of%20the%20Empero/47D8D823-506B-4EA8-B40A-E4521FDF01FA-20274-000013028625C758.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Star%20Phantoms%20and%20Scythes%20of%20the%20Empero/BD370B3B-859E-4290-8AB7-487C09C3F9D9-20274-00001302774F51EC.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Star%20Phantoms%20and%20Scythes%20of%20the%20Empero/63B2376C-33F9-4604-84C0-9881FA8BF900-20274-000013027E9A4785.jpg

Just need to add decals as Im still to 'fraid to try and freehand the symbol lol.

I originally signed up for Sons of Medusa, but just couldn't get inspired so asked if i could switch to Mantis Warriors. However, i got no reply to that question and the thread tailed off shortly afterwards, so i concentrated on ETL instead and left this thread alone. However, if it's going to be rebooted and Red Scorpions or Minotaurs are free, i'd be up for doing either of those. Failing that, Carcharadons Astra would be my third choice. I want to do a Chapter with some Forgeworld support so i can concentrate more on the painting side rather than modelling - i'm feeling pretty lazy and want to do this alongside expanding on my Ultramarines.

Scout Squad finished. Hopefully Dirge doesnt mind me sticking these here. :lol:

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Star%20Phantoms%20and%20Scythes%20of%20the%20Empero/205CE5F2-A5F7-4A39-9C84-92650F35F0F8-20801-000013BAB5731A89.jpg

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n235/Stovie_2006/Biohazards%20Star%20Phantoms%20and%20Scythes%20of%20the%20Empero/0A01D670-8415-41A8-A1D2-EF93841C2B28-20801-000013BA8CBBF55A.jpg

Hey guys, I'm still here with the Fire Hawks, and am ready to get going again now the ETL is done. First up is a Vanguard Squad and a Librarian on bike. My time is fairly full-up, but I start holidays 1st Sep and I hope to be done before mid-month.

Cheers,

Jono

Dirge Caster has been in touch and he is happy to see the thread receive reinforcements!!! He has other commitments at this moment and has given the green light for me to see if we can get it rolling again. Credit where credit's due, Dirge did a great job setting this up and 19 pages of cool business is down to him and his nice little idea idea (as well as all the people who have contributed so well, you know who you are).

I would just like to say that Dirge created this thread with the intention of getting like minded Badab War lovers together. The aim is to help inspire and motivate each other, without creating a dictatorship of hard deadlines that would make people cry in their sleep. I hope to continue this vibe.

Often seeing peoples work inspires....... wait a minute, I have got a feeling that I am going to ramble on for hours... You get the picture lets get back to Badab!!!!

OK here is a list of current participants and some who have just recently shown interest

Carcharodon Astra: luNCHBiZZLe

Star Phantoms: Bio Hazard

Fire Hawks: Grotsmasha

Marines Errant: Kingleir

Red Scorpions:

Raptors: The Yak

Salamanders: Rindaris and Vazzy

Fire Angels: Kizzdougs

Novamarines:

Howling Griffons: Gawain Veteris

Sons of Medusa: Reyner

Minotaurs: Toxic Hobbit

Exorcists: Battle Brother Ludovic

Astral Claws: 1000heathens

Mantis Warriors:

Lamenters: Lukee

Executioners: Chapter Master Kanithon

(The Chapters highlighted in yellow are either unclaimed or not confirmed.)

With regards to the monthly challenge/vow/target/dream? I thought it would be a good idea to get people to throw some suggestions around and see what we can agree with. My two cents worth....

Having just competed in the E Tenebrae Lux challenge (and had a great time) we could do something similar were people make a little mini vow per month. This can be as big or as small as you like. eg if someone had a high workload and other priorities they could plan to do an IC or a demi squad. Aiming to complete this gives a realistic target, and people can paint what ever they want for their force. If somone finds they can paint more they paint more... Simple? Exactamundo! This should give a nice steady progress that fits in with peoples lives, rather than becoming a burden and then having to drop out.

So will you honour your status as one of the Maelstrom Wardens????

Will you answer the call of Inquisitor Legate Jarndyce Frain?

whatever, just make sure you get back to Badab!!!!

I'm still in this, man. Just busy lately, and I honestly thought this thread was cold and dead. So, without further ado....

Who dares challenge the Tyrant's domain?!?!?

And for the love of God, can I get some friggin' allies already? :unsure:

@Biohazard: I could not think of a better place for those scouts to be other than here! Just keep them away from Heathens, you know what he is like with SP Scouts...

@Grotsmasha: Is right mate! If you can do half as much as you did for the E Tenebrae Lux then we will be in for some serious Fire Hawk malarkey!

@Heathens: Yes your back in the room. Your work has kept this thread ticking all the while. I believe you might have some little Astral claws to share with us?

I agree you certainly need some allies mate. Chapter Master Kanithon has been knocking out some pretty cool Executioners but you certainly could do with your Warden gang. I suppose thats what you get for stealing every body elses gene seed :unsure:

@luNCHBiZZLe: Anyone with a name like that is very welcome here. Sharks it is I will update the chart.

OK here is the start of my Raptors. I got this squad done for the ETL just to a tabletop standard. I am now going to go back and add more details, more weathering and more details to the bases. The photos are not so good but once they are done I hope to get better shots

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/011-5.jpg

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/012-6.jpg

This is the look I am trying to achieve, but I think I need more practice with weathering and that

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/166px-Brother_Konrad_Mark_VI.jpg

Yep, I do. Veteran Sergeant Gideonis.

gallery_37532_7179_1907.jpggallery_37532_7179_25898.jpggallery_37532_7179_43467.jpg

And, for those interested, the first of my Auxilia Guardsmen. Enjoy!

@Yak: Lovin' those Raptors, man. Great job! Hey, I have a thought, how about some banners for the participants? The widowmaker symbol for the Loyalists, the Maelstrom Warder symbol for the Seperatists. Might be cool.

@Yak, those are some pretty sweet Raptors there. I'm thinking of trying to ad some battle damage to my guys at some point.

Also, he may be a vile traitor who has turned his back from the Emperors Divine light but he's had a good idea. I think Heathens banner idea is a winner. ;)

*EDIT* Just checked out your guardsmen Heathens. Looking good. Can't wait to see a full squad.

I honestly don't mind whether i do the Red Scorpions or Minotaurs, so i'll leave it un-decided for now. If someone else wants to do one of those chapters, pipe up and i'll just do the other. If no one has claimed one of them by tomorrow, i'll make an informed choice based on my research into the two chapters and careful deliberation of their model ranges (ie, i'll toss a coin :P). I want to make a choice tomorrow at the latest so that i can put through an order of FW stuff in preperation of my first vow.

Speaking of which, the vow system seems like a good idea, a nice compromise between having challenges to meet or having free reign to do what you want. I like it and will probably make a vow tomorrow :D.

Well, as it seems that the Exorcists are mine, I shall make the following vow:

I, Brother Ludovic of the Exorcists Chapter, vow on the honour of both myself and my Chapter that I shall completely paint and base half a squad of Tactical Marines by the end of the month of September. I shall not fail in this endeavour.

There ya go! Now, off to do some painting! :D

Ludovic

@Heathens: Cheers! The Banners idea is perfect. Anyone want to volunteer to make them? Or know someone who could make some? The tyrants legionnaire looks good. The little blue stripe on the las gun is a nice touch.

@Biohazard: Nice one. My weathering technique is basic but I think the look works for Raptors.

@Vazzy: Nice Salamander. I particularly like the lava flame effects. I am going to leave the Salamanders open to you and Rindaris as you both sort of claimed it while waiting for Dirge to get in touch. Hope this is ok with you both?

@Lukee: Welcome Brother. Heathens will be made up to get some allies at last. Looking forward to seeing some Lamenters.

@Ludovic: One of the coolest chapters around is yours mate. Good luck with your combat squad.

@Toxichobbit: Ok fair enough mate. Good luck with the coin toss!

Archived