A tale of 17 gamers

Yep, your vow has to be completed by month-end. But I guess vows taken now can also be completed by the end of September (which is what I'm doing, so hopefully that's OK ^_^).

Ludovic

Well if people are ok with the personal vow situation my vow will be to complete my 10 man Tactical squad and 5 man terminator squad for the end of August (most of the hard work has been done and its just the details and bases). I will do another vow for September. I might vow to paint this guy....

10th Company Chaplain Egrim Kalistor that I made a while back

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/012-4-1.jpg

Either that or some scouts

Cheers

I'm hoping to complete a ten man Tactical Squad and either a 5 man Devastator squad or a Termi Assault squad by the end of September. Yak that Scout conversion is cool as hell, I'd also like to see it painted as part of your vow.

Hmm... so you don't mind people doubling up on Chapters? Would you mind switching me from Salamanders to Astral Claws then? Been tempted to make an army of them for some time now and this would be great motivation.

As far as a vow.. gonna try and be realistic with myself here.

Going to start with a Bike Captain and a Tactical squad.

@Kizzdougs & Bio: Cheers I think I will do him and a scout squad for September. I got the tac squad finished yesterday but did not get photos. The good thing about having a broken ankle is that I got time to paint! Terminators next up.

@Rindaris: Well the reason for the double up was because of a blimp in claiming chapters. Now I personally don't mind two people doing the same chapters but I would like to put the question to all other participants to see if they are cool with this? It would mean that it would no longer be a tale of 17 gamers but more of a Badab Warathon (which will ensure lots of cool stuff). However I dont want to be changing everything at once, some of the original members should help make the decisions. I have left the chart as it is for now until the council has decided....

@Reyner: Sons of Medusa are yours mate. Do them proud (Im an old Iron Hand addict really).

@Chapter Master Kanithon: Great to see your Executioners coming along. As one of the original members you have got veteran status! I love the weathering. I have recently bought some FW weathering powders but need to learn how to use them. Any tips?

Just leave it as Salamanders then, for the sake of ease. I can always use them as allies if/when I play Apoc :P plus the shoulder pads are ALOT easier to get.

Going to go with a vow of the HQ dread and a tactical squad.

Right, i've come to a decision, i'm going with Minotaurs. So Red Scorpions are free for anyone who wants them.

To make it official:

I, Toxichobbit, vow to complete a Tactical demi-squad for the Minotaurs chapter by 30th September 2012.

Now, off to browse Forgeworld :blush:.

@Rindaris: Ok thanks for being so understanding. I look forward to seeing your stuff

@Toxic Hobbit: Good choice. I believe that the Minotaurs are to feature in the next IA book to so you might have some more options to play with. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Yeh, i noticed that after i made the decision. Now i'm quite looking forward to the next IA, assuming that FW haven't decided to change the races involved.

In truth, i decided Minotaurs because they're similar yet far removed from my current Ultramarines - one is Roman influenced, noble and are mostly good guys (in so far as a Marine chapter can be), the other is Greek influenced, less noble and far from being good guys. Also, painting bronze sounded like more fun than painting grey, especially as i have plenty of Space Wolves that need painting at some point.

Just a quick update.

Ive finished off the tactical squad. Sorry about the photo I struggle with photography. I think its more lights I need.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/006-5.jpg

Here is Sergeant Falyon. Pointing out the member of his squad with the flatulence problem.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/018-6.jpg

This is the first of the Terminators.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/016-4.jpg

More to follow after the weekend...

Hail Badab Warites. Got my stuff finished for September. Here is the Terminator squad to go with the Tactical squad. more pictures available here.

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g473/Adavers/007-5.jpg

For September I plan to do 10 scouts, a 5 man combat squad and a Chaplain.

So long cowboy!

Archived