A tale of 17 gamers

Week 3 Voting

I want to start off by saying well done to everyone for the progress you've made in the past 2 weeks. I now feel that 5 marines in one month is just the right amount. not so little that it would take years to build even a small army and not so much that it's an unachievable goal.

I've been thinking about what our goal can be for June and I've narrowed it down to 4 choices. The problem is I'm not sure which option is best so I thought the 17 of you could vote and whatever gets the highest votes is the thing we will all build and paint by the last day of June. the choices are: -

- another 5 space marines of any type

- 1 vehicle with transport capability

- 1 dreadnought of any type

- 2 HQs

Let me know your vote and we'll post the winner here.

On a side note, I'm really excited about next week's mini-challenge but I don't want to give anything away just yet. It's taking a great deal of time and effort to prepare but it will definitely be worth it. I don't want to hype it up too much but it's going to be utterly and mind-blowingly SUPER-AWESOME!!!

(was that too much hype?) :D

Updated WIP pics.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2180.jpg?t=1336710535

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2178.jpg?t=1336710707

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2177.jpg?t=1336710833

fantastic work everyone :)

1000heathens, can you gift us with a pic of your mega melta marines backside? i'd really love to see what you did with his backpack.

Finally, an update.

I was at GW HQ for a Heresy meeting yesterday, and (among other things) popped in to see Ead, who played the Minotaurs in the original Forge World campaign. His army is variously scattered across Forge World's offices, his desk, and in the Citadel Hall of Fame, and he answered my lack of any Imperial gubbinz with a ludicrous number of freebies from his bitz box. So I'm pretty much ready to go, at last, with... way more stuff than the "few loyalist helmets or whatever" I'd been expecting.

So: progress soon. Promise.

Incidentally, if you're reading this, Ead; I'm using Chaplain Enkomi's helmet and cloak for my Chaos Lord (sorry).

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN2180.jpg?t=1336710535

This guy is killer.

- another 5 space marines of any type

- 1 vehicle with transport capability

- 1 dreadnought of any type

- 2 HQs

Unf. Tough call. My vote would probably be for another five Marines, just to flesh out the army's numbers, though I could roll with the two HQs.

gallery_36285_7182_24777.jpg

I missed these guys. I love Marines with extra gubbinz, and these look awesome.

fantastic work everyone :tu:

1000heathens, can you gift us with a pic of your mega melta marines backside? i'd really love to see what you did with his backpack.

Funny enough, not a damn thing. I built the weapon to be entirely self contained, thus why I added a fuel cell towards the rear of the weapon.

(Dirty man, wanting to look at my guy's backsides.... :lol: )

It looks like the 2 HQs have the most votes so that's what we will build in June. You can basically build anything from the HQ section of whichever codex you are using including all the named characters from the Badab War books.

A month may sound like a long time to build and paint 2 models but I want to see plenty of conversions and I'll be adding in more mini-challenges throughout June so there's plenty of optional extras for those who want more to do.

Don't worry if you haven't completed your May challenge yet as there's still 19 days left. Hopefully that's plenty of time to get 5 models built.

Hang your heads in shame battle brothers. Would an Astartes let man-flu stop them from completing their tasks?

Only joking. I've not got much free time either. I'm not working at the moment but despite that fact I seem to be busier than ever. Also, when I was working I used to spend my lunch hours building models in my car (at the far end of the car park of course)!

Well, slight update. Assembled a few more marines, and got my transfers in the mail. Didn't realise the Forge World transfers were on an A4 page. Quite a shock when I got them (A welcome one). So hopefully over the next few weeks painting can commence (Diablo 3 permitting). Hope everyone else to progressing well.

Archived